And has it ever came sweeping down the plains!
For DAYS the wind has been blowing, and we're not talking a breeze. It's been a steady 20 MPH with gusts up to 40 mph! I'm even more irritated by it because so far it has broke 3 of my 6 Goliath tomato plants (the best variety!). Unfortunately I can't replace them because they are sold out of that variety at Carmichael's. : ( So Better Boys it will be.
As much as I dislike the rain, I really hope it does rain because it will usually calm the wind down (and we're not going to the lake this weekend). I know, I know. We complain about the wind now, but when July comes we'll beg for wind and rain.
Okay, I'm over my rant for the day!
Not much exciting has been happening in our household this week, yet we've been pretty busy. Bryce and I had dinner with Amanda on Tuesday at El Tequila. At first Bryce sat in his car seat and managed to drop every one of his toys on the floor. I think it's became a game to him to do this. Then I get him out of the car seat and he grabs my plate, tries to get a hold of my food, and then grabs my glass of water, sticks his fingers in it and knocks my straw out. He's become very curious lately with his sense of touch.
We didn't catch any pictures at the restaurant but I did catch a picture of some drool.
Wednesday we made our delayed Walmart trip to get a few things that we needed, most importantly dog food. Bryce slept the entire time we were there and the entire way home, including a stop at Arby's to grab dinner for Nic and I. Then gave him a bath, that is becoming harder and harder to do because he is so squirmy. I was afraid because he took such a late 'nap' that I would have trouble getting him down for the night, but fortuantely that was not the case.
Last night since Nic was at the station, Bryce and I spent the evening at my Mom's so I could help her prepare for her Annual Kentucky Derby party (hence the reason there is no Tasty Thursday this week). I created some win, show, place tickets and I painted some trim pieces. She conveniently decided to remodel her den area prior to this party, in addition to normal party preparations. Unfortunately Bryce got to bed an hour late and it really affected the entire nights sleep...not in a good way.
This morning we did our usual routine. Bryce sat in his boppy watching Blue's Clues while I pumped and put on my face. As he's been doing lately he pushes himself over the boppy just enough so he can look at me, but this morning he completely pushed himself over it to where he rolled off of he boppy and onto his tummy. I didn't catch the roll, but I caugh where he stopped to grab his feet and then when he got his whole body off of it.
Now looking at the above picture, I realize we really need to start doing some major baby proofing: getting rid of loose cords, breakables out of reach, cover plug-ins, and cabinet locks.
So after we're done with Blue's Clues, pumping, makeup and Bryce's bottle. We head to the bathroom so I can blow dry my hair and fix it. The routine as of late is to put Bryce in the walker in there and he scoots around, mostly in the direction of Fara. This morning I thought it was cute that he went straight to the door (where Fara was on the otherside of) as if he was trying to escape. He then turned around and looked at me...almost to check if I'm watching.
Finally it is raining and the wind is almost nonexistant...for now.

No comments:
Post a Comment