Monday, April 12, 2010

Monday Memory

I've been seeing some cute weekly 'features' on some other blogs so I thought about creating my own to mix it up a little. So every week (hopefully) I'm going to take some time to reminisce. We'll see what other features I can come up with and what I will have time to do.

So for our first Monday Memory why not start with our wedding? Nic and I were married on January 18th, 2003. At that time we had been together for over 3 years and had been engaged for almost a year.

Our original plan was to get married in May 2003 (I think the 24th to be exact) in Eureka Springs, AR. We had chosen the Circle of Light chapel with Beaver Lake in the background view. We were going to keep it small and only invite our immediate family and very close friends. I can't even remember if we were even going to have a Bestman/Maid of Honor. SMALL was the goal.

Here's a pic from the Circle of Light website. I have blurred the faces to protect the innocent. ; ) (Especially since I don't know who they are!)



However, we got word that Nic was going to be hired on the fire department. If that was the case there was NO WAY we would be able to go to Eureka Springs in May because he would be on probation and would not have any vacation. Since they work 24 hours on and 48 hours off (7am to 7am), he would only be able to be away from home for 1 night. Instead of moving it back and waiting another year, we decided to move it up and have it be just he and I.


We found another place to get married and we decided on Hidden Acres. The package we chose included the 2 nights in a cottage, the photos (and negatives), a video of the ceremony, the flowers, and a small wedding cake. I chose lavender roses since purple is my favorite colors.


I bought a dress off of ebay and had it hemmed at a local tailor shop, I'm short what can I say. Then we rented Nic's tux. Gloves weren't really anything I had ever wanted but I thought being in the middle of winter they actually were appropriate.



Yes, there was snow on the ground when we got to Eureka Springs and it even snowed on the day of our wedding...it was January after all.




The ceremony was fairly eventful, besides being the day we committed to being together for the rest of our lives. That alone is a pretty big deal.


I locked my knees and held my breath, I started swaying when we were lighting the unity candle and Nic had to help guide my candle. Needless to say I almost passed out and they had to stop the ceremony! Boy, was I glad it was just he and I! Unfortunately this wouldn't be the last time I did this during a wedding. Also Nic was sick, I'm surprised he doesn't look green in the photos.

So we were married. Fortunately he did get the job and started 3 days after we were married. We also had a cruise planned for our honeymoon which we had to cancel, however over a year later we did get to take a honeymoon.

NOTE: The pictures are very bad quality, when I get a change I'll get out my external hard drive and upload better pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment