Despite our highs being in the 80's for most of the week, the weekend called for cooler... actually way cooler...temperatures and rain. We decided if we were going to be stuck inside we'd rather be stuck inside at the lake. So Friday evening we headed to the lake. We prepared our shrimp kabobs/skewers, grilled them, and chowed down.
Saturday we got up, I decided to go ahead and give Bryce his first taste of solids, which I chose avocado mashed and mixed with breast milk.
Here he is sitting in his Chicco Hook On chair while I was preparing his meal. Of course he's chewing on it. He became a little fussy so instead of feeding him in it, Nic held him during our first feeding adventure.
Here's the first bite. Sorry it's not the greatest picture. I was trying to take the picture and feed him at the same time, apparently my finger was over the flash.
Despite the above picture he really really liked the avocado and ate more of it than I was expecting.
Smacking his lips.
It was a cloudy day Saturday and was starting to rain. We decided to go down to the covered docks and try our hand at fishing. Here's Bryce fishing for the first time...somewhat.

He napped a little, then enjoyed a bottle. Daddy lost a fishing pole when he had it just sitting on the dock and a fish took his minnow and dragged the pole in with it. That's what he gets for not paying attention. When I finally sat down on the dock with Bryce, I threw my line out with a bobber and a minnow and watched patiently. My bobber started moving and bobbing up and down a few times so with Bryce in one arm, I grabbed my pole and just hooked it slightly...sure enough I caught a fish...and it was a crappie too! I wish I had gotten a picture of us with the fish but I didn't. I'm sure this spring there will be many opportunities for us to get a picture with one of the fish we catch.
Saturday night the rain picked up and it rained pretty much all day Sunday. I guess it is April afterall...April showers bring May flowers.
He napped a little, then enjoyed a bottle. Daddy lost a fishing pole when he had it just sitting on the dock and a fish took his minnow and dragged the pole in with it. That's what he gets for not paying attention. When I finally sat down on the dock with Bryce, I threw my line out with a bobber and a minnow and watched patiently. My bobber started moving and bobbing up and down a few times so with Bryce in one arm, I grabbed my pole and just hooked it slightly...sure enough I caught a fish...and it was a crappie too! I wish I had gotten a picture of us with the fish but I didn't. I'm sure this spring there will be many opportunities for us to get a picture with one of the fish we catch.
Saturday night the rain picked up and it rained pretty much all day Sunday. I guess it is April afterall...April showers bring May flowers.

No comments:
Post a Comment