Friday, April 23, 2010

Showing appreciation to my Husband

I had intended on doing this post in with the previous one on Bryce, but I thought it would be best to have it's own post. It gives me time to get what I'm saying exactly right.

Nic and I have been married for over 7 years but together for over 10 1/2. That's long time for sure. We've gone through many good times and many bad times. We've grown up together, even though it may have been at different speeds, yet we have stuck through it all and are very proud to be able to provide Bryce with a stable, loving and secure home.

I'm not going to lie, as first time parents it's been tough adjusting. Many times Nic takes the rath of my stress, but he does it with stride. A big problem is that I don't EVER ask for help from ANYONE. I try to be superwoman and do it all. It's just the way I am and always have been, and I'm sure I'll never change.  

As much as I have complained that I can't read his mind, I have to remember that he can't read mine either. So I have had to try to learn to let him know when I need help before I just snap in frustration and take it out on him. He's been wonderful, especially lately now that we are getting in the groove of things and he's learning to ask if I need help instead of waiting on me to ask for help. I know I still need to learn to ask, but it's a step in the right direction.

Working fulltime I need at least 30 hours in every day. But there are only 24 and I need to sleep some to be able to be the best mother, wife and employee. My evenings go by in a blur. I pick Bryce up, cook dinner, bathe Bryce, pump, wash bottle nipples and pump bottles, do the dishes, do laundry, clean if I have the time and try to catch a few minutes to myself to wind down. I could easily not make it to bed until midnight by I try to be in bed by 10pm and hope for earlier, only to be up again around 3:30 or 4am to nurse (on the good nights) and then up at 5:30am to start the day. I know there are weekends that I could do some of this stuff but that really our time to relax and spend quality time as a family.

So this is where my husband has really began to help me...of course on the 2 out of 3 nights that he's home. He has made it a routine to wash the bottle nipples and pump bottles (aside from the nights that Amanda does it), he's doing most of the laundry and the dishes, and he's helping me with dinner. On the mornings that he is home, he's taken over feeding the big dogs in the morning, which for the past 7 years has been my chore. He feeds and dresses Bryce, even changing the first dirty diaper of the day, which before Bryce was born I didn't think Nic would ever change a dirty diaper.  I'll also mention that in addition to working at the fire department, he owns his own lawn business and also works at ranch. Needless to say, he's a VERY hard worker and he works his butt off! 

He's been so wonderful. I'm not someone that shows much emotion so I know I don't show him or tell him enough how much I really appreciate him and love him. So this is my opportunity to let him know how much. I'm truly amazed that he works the 80+ hours a week he works, and still comes home and helps me with the housework and has an active role in taking care of our child. He's an awesome husband and father. I'll never forget how my love grew for Nic the day our son was born, almost like I couldn't love him enough. That day my heart was as big as it had ever been.

Nic, thank you so much. I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment