Last night our sleep situation went from bad to worse! He normally goes down around 8 with no problems and before would sleep until 3:30 or 4am. Recently he's been waking during the 11pm hour, then every couple hours. Well last night he woke up at 9:30, then was up EVERY hour until 3am, where from 3-5:30 we had our longest stretch of sleep. He wasn't really all that cranky, he just didn't want to sleep. That's one thing, it doesn't matter how much sleep or lack of sleep he gets, he remains in a good mood. Very rarely is he a cranky baby...of course when it comes to his bottle that's a whole different story.
So this evening I was dreading another night like last night. Once again Nic was working late, so I gave Bryce a bath, then we went to sit outside a little bit while his bottle warmed up in the Avent Bottle Warmer (which I love!). As soon as he saw me get his bottle out of the warmer he starts kicking and fussing for it, as he usually does. He takes his bottle well at first then starts pulling off of it then fusses until I put it back in his mouth, and this cycle repeats. Finally we get finished with the bottle, which he's usually passed out by this pointm and he's still wide a wake. He's just staring at me like he's telling me he's not going to bed. Of course I take a picture!
Fortunately I stayed patient with him and he finally fell asleep without any fussing. I couldn't resist taking another picture. These days I very rarely get pictures of him sleeping.
Fortunately when I went to bed at 10:40pm he was still sleeping, he would even giggle every once in a while in his sleep. It's nice to know he's having happy dreams.
Here's some pictures I took earlier in the evening.
This morning I had sat Bryce on the floor in front of me so he could watch Blue's Clues while I pumped and put my makeup on. He knew I was behind him so he pushed himself back over his boppy and smiled at me. I asked Nic to get the camera so I could take a picture. He looked in my purse and of course couldn't find my camera. So I missed a cute picture opportunity. Later I checked my purse and guess what was in there?? My camera! Geez!
So this evening I sat Bryce in his boppy again and I said his name, sure enough he did it again and I did get a picture this time.

Here I was trying to get a picture of him sitting up and of course he leans towards me. At least it turned out cute and you can really see those baby blues!
Another cute one!
Bryce hasn't really had an interest in any of the teethers we have, he doesn't hold on to them well and really doesn't seem to like to chew on them. Instead he would rather chew on my fingers. I kept seeing posts about Sophie the Giraffe on Baby Center, so I became curious and did a little research.
I also made another purchase today. Back in October when I was still pregnant with Bryce we had gone to a restuarant and I saw this portable high chair that was hooked on the side of the table. I liked it because to me the restuarant high chairs seemed like they can accumulate a bunch of germs on them.

One last photo for today...my sweet boy after his bath. He's staring in awe up at the ceiling fan.
Here I was trying to get a picture of him sitting up and of course he leans towards me. At least it turned out cute and you can really see those baby blues!
Another cute one!
Bryce hasn't really had an interest in any of the teethers we have, he doesn't hold on to them well and really doesn't seem to like to chew on them. Instead he would rather chew on my fingers. I kept seeing posts about Sophie the Giraffe on Baby Center, so I became curious and did a little research.
I also made another purchase today. Back in October when I was still pregnant with Bryce we had gone to a restuarant and I saw this portable high chair that was hooked on the side of the table. I liked it because to me the restuarant high chairs seemed like they can accumulate a bunch of germs on them.
Sophie almost has a cult like following, a little strange but I was still interested. It's an expensive toy with a list price of $22, especially compared to other teething toys but I was able to find it at Amazon.com for $14.95 and decided to go ahead and buy it. I was able to get free shipping by also buying a some bowls for Bryce to get my total over $25.
We received Sophie on Monday, I rinsed it off and gave it to Bryce. As everything does, he put it immediately to his mouth and started chewing, and continued to chew and hold onto her for quite a while. Sophie squeaks and looks (and feels) like a dog toy, so naturally I have to keep Fara from taking it from Bryce. It isn't one of my most practical purchases but I'm definitely pleased with the toy.
We received Sophie on Monday, I rinsed it off and gave it to Bryce. As everything does, he put it immediately to his mouth and started chewing, and continued to chew and hold onto her for quite a while. Sophie squeaks and looks (and feels) like a dog toy, so naturally I have to keep Fara from taking it from Bryce. It isn't one of my most practical purchases but I'm definitely pleased with the toy.
I had really forgotten about it until one of the little boys at the lake had one and it hooked perfectly to the dinette inside the travel trailer and the picnic tables outside. So I caught the actual name: Chicco Caddy Hook On Chair and with one of my many Babies R Us 20% off coupons in hand I went and bought it. Fortunately, or it could be unfortunately, I only work 2 miles from a Babies R Us store, so I can quickly run by there on my lunch hour.

One last photo for today...my sweet boy after his bath. He's staring in awe up at the ceiling fan.

No comments:
Post a Comment