As much as I love to constantly post about Bryce, I fear it can be a little monotonous to some (of course not me). So in addition to Monday Memory I'm going to try to do another 'feature'...I can't guarantee it will be every week, but it will be on Thursday. Therefore Tasty Thursday is born.
Before I start on the recipe, I do want to mention that Bryce did much better sleeping last night than the previous night. He's still not sleeping until 3:30 or 4am like he was before, but I was able to atleast sleep 3 hours straight.
So on to the food.
I REALLY, REALLY enjoy food, which is why you will probably never catch me doing a full fledged diet. If I get a craving for something I HAVE to have it. So naturally I enjoy cooking whether it's for a party we're hosting, for meals, or just baking. I have many favorite recipes but I'm always finding and trying new recipes. So most weeks I'm going to attempt to feature some type of food I made during the week.
This first recipe I made this evening for dinner. It's a recipe my Mom found and introduced me to, she made this for us after we brought Bryce home from the hospital. So every time I have it I reflect on those first few days of his life. Oh nostalgia! It's easy to put together but requires about an hour of cooking time. You can click below for the actual recipe. As with any recipes I'm sure it can be modified to be lower in fat.
We just add one addition to this recipe. You'll see what it is.
Please bear with me as I learn to take better photos of food.
Please bear with me as I learn to take better photos of food.
I start by placing my chicken in the middle of the dish. I prefer to have 4 smaller breasts or even tenders instead of 3 larger breasts, but this is what I had.
This is what Bryce did while I was cutting up the potatoes. I can do most anything holding him, but cutting up vegetables with a knife is definitely not one of them. Thank goodness he loves his walker, it has freed up my arms many times.
I prefer red potatoes, so I cut up probably 8 or 9 small red potatoes about 1/2 to 1 inch in size. Now place the potatoes on one side of the chicken.
Then take a can of WHOLE green beans (juice and all) and pour into the other side of the dish.
The uncooked dish looks like this.
Melt a 1/2 cup or 1 stick of butter.
To the melted butter I added dry Italian dressing mix and mixed them together. Then I poured it over the potatoes, chicken, and green beans, using a rubber spatula to scrape any remaining dressing mix and butter.
Here comes the special ingredient my mother and I add. Head Country Seasoning. I love this stuff and use it in a lot of other recipes. We sprinkle it over the entire dish.
Here's what it looked like just before I covered it with aluminum foil and place it in the oven.
Cover with aluminum foil and place in the oven, which was preheated to 350 degrees.
So while the dish was baking in the oven Nic, Bryce and I all went outside so we could pull weeds in the garden. Here's Bryce on a blanket next to the garden...of course Sophie is in his hands and mouth. 
About an hour later the dish came out of the oven and looks like this. Be careful not to get burned by the steam when removing the foil.
About an hour later the dish came out of the oven and looks like this. Be careful not to get burned by the steam when removing the foil.
Tonight we're going to grill some shrimp and vegetable skewers. Hopefully I'll be able to share that next week.

No comments:
Post a Comment