This weekend was the nicest weekend we've had at the lake to date! Melissa, Kell, Ozzie, and Amanda joined us for the day on Saturday and we finally got to take the boat out. We're still on the hunt for a life jacket that Bryce will tolerate, so as soon as we're stopped and anchored I take it off of him.
Nic, Amanda and Melissa. Nic is so proud of his new hat and hair.
Little man asleep while we were anchored.
Ozzie fishing.
Amanda and Bryce getting some sun.
Our captain Nic
Precious little feet.
Later back at our camp Bryce got to try out the new swing...with Kell pushing.
Sunday morning...Bryce wouldn't fall asleep like this if I was holding him.
Yesterday was Bryce's 6 month checkup and immunizations. Thankfully he won't have any more shots until his 1 year visit. It is sure hard on this mommy watching my little boy hold his breath, turn beet red, and actually have REAL tears. Today he weighed 16 lbs 11 oz (34%). He was measured at 26 inches long (32%), which seems to be the most accurate measurement taken to date. His head was measured at 44.5 cm which falls into the 69 percentile.
Here's a picture of Bryce and Daddy waiting on the doctor in the 101 Dalmations themed room. Daddy has came to every one of Bryce's doctor's visits.
I finally remembered to ask about his blood type. Of course unless I requested that at the hospital they don't have it...so they didn't have it. If I were to guess I would guess O+, since that's my blood type and Nic thinks that's what his is.
Otherwise everything was good. As Dr Rossman has said all along "He's perfect!" She did suggest we wait to start meats until closer to 9 or 10 months. Otherwise he can eat most veggies and fruits that we eat in addition to the breastmilk.
As for food...
After a month of just breakfast we have now added lunch. My mom stated today that he really likes his food. Last week we finally started rice cereal. He seems to like it just fine, however I've always given it to him with a fruit or vegetable. Then after 3 days of rice cereal we began pears on Sunday. He really seems to like the pears. So after 3 mornings of pears, we started sweet peas today. I don't think he quite knew what to think about the sweet peas, so they may be an acquired taste for him. We'll see...
As for food...
After a month of just breakfast we have now added lunch. My mom stated today that he really likes his food. Last week we finally started rice cereal. He seems to like it just fine, however I've always given it to him with a fruit or vegetable. Then after 3 days of rice cereal we began pears on Sunday. He really seems to like the pears. So after 3 mornings of pears, we started sweet peas today. I don't think he quite knew what to think about the sweet peas, so they may be an acquired taste for him. We'll see...


No comments:
Post a Comment