In deciding what to do for this Tasty Thursday there were 3 recipes I was deciding between, unfortunately all 3 were sweets. Therefore I'm pretty sure they are all high in calories.
Since my previous post was about breastfeeding I decided to go ahead and go with the Oatmeal No Bake Cookies. Oatmeal helps increase milk production in breastfeeding women. Over the past 6 months I have constantly craved these cookies and since they are fairly simple to make I have frequently made them. I'm sure after making and eating these I'm due for a couple clogged ducts!
So here's the step by step. The full recipe is at the end.
In a medium sauce pan add 2 1/2 cups of sugar, 1/4 cup of cocoa, and 1/2 cup of milk.
Stir until blended.
Heat mixture to a roiling boil and boil for about 2 minutes.
Remove from heat and add 1 stick (1/2 cup) of butter. Allow the butter to melt, then add 1/4 cup peanut butter.
Stir until smooth.
Add 2 cups or more of old fashioned oats and mix.
Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper. Allow the cookies to cool and they are ready to eat.
Enjoy!
Oatmeal No Bake Cookies
1/4 cup cocoa
2 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup of butter
1/4 cup peanut butter
2 cups oats.
Mix cocoa, milk and sugar together in medium sauce pan. Bring to a roiling boil for 2 1/2 minutes (you can check to see if ready by using the water in the cup method). Add butter and let it melt. Add peanut butter and mix; then add oats. Spoon on wax paper. Let cool. Makes about 1 1/2 dozen cookies depending on the size. I only managed to get about a dozen.

No comments:
Post a Comment