Friday, May 21, 2010

Bryce is half-way to his first birthday!

Yep, our baby boy is 6 months old as of Wednesday. I know I sound like a cliche, but it has truly gone by fast and way too fast at that. I guess I should have expected the past 6 months to go by this fast, considering how quickly 9 months of pregnancy went by. It's crazy to think that this time last year this little person was just the size of a lemon inside my belly, and now he's this little person with loads of personality.




As I sit back and reflect on the past 6 months, I'm amazed that I can love this little person as much as I do. He definitely is the sunshine in my world, and now my life revolves around him. I truly did not think I would enjoy motherhood as much as I do. I never want to be away from this little guy anymore than I have to. Going out on a Friday or Saturday night and leaving him with a sitter is not even an option, I'd rather stay home with him. I don't mind that I have to lug Bryce around in the carseat when I want to go shopping, or skip out on a margarita at dinner with my girlfriends. However, I have come to the realization that Nic and I do need to have date nights periodically. So note to self: give the baby up for one evening sometime soon.

I have no regrets about choosing to become a mom. Every day I touch my pink c-section scar and remember the bundle of joy that came out of it, and I really don't mind it. Sometimes I even think of it as a smile. I only vaguely remember the pain of recovery, how hard it was to get out of bed or even get off the couch, or even the shooting pains I would get if we hit a bump in the car. The price I paid was completely worth it and I would do it all over again the exact same way if I had to, and if/when we have another child I will.




So at 6 months Bryce is:
sitting up on his own for a great length of time
smiling and laughing like crazy (especially at the dog)
loving his jumperoo (see video at the end)
still teething (with nothing to show for it)
putting everything in his mouth
trying to figure out how to become more mobile and gets frustrated about it
recognizes his bottle and gets REALLY excited (see video at the end)
sleeping 6-8 hours straight most nights
a Momma's boy ; )





Here's Daddy & Bryce watching the storms move in.



Bryce having his first taste of diluted apple juice. He has finally figured out the sippy cup.



Bryce enjoying his breakfast of sweet potatoes and rice cereal this morning. It's first time to have rice cereal.



Check out the drool on his shirt. This is right after I took his bib off. Needless to say the bib was soaked.



I love this picture of Bryce's frustrated face. He's trying to get the remote.




Our little piggy LOVES his bottle.


Dancing in the jumperoo. Sorry about the background noise, I was cooking dinner.

2 comments:

  1. Hey found your blog through another blog, etc. but just wanted to say hi. My little guy is 6 days older than yours and I love to follow what other kids that are the same age are doing. Hope you don't mind. If you'd like to check out my little guy our blog is babyitnyre.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thanks for the note. I haven't tried avocado but that's a great idea. I love them myself! I just got a food processor today so I'm excited to start trying different things. Your little guy is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete