Sunday, May 09, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

For my first Mother's Day as a Mommy I got:

A gift certificate for a pedicure from my son. Daddy just has pick up Bryce one evening from my Mom's so I can use it.



A clever card (as always) from my Husband





We can't forget about my new camera, which is a story in itself...that I'll eventually get around to sharing.



...and a FLAT TIRE!!!!


I am so lucky that this did not happen when Bryce and I were driving home from the lake this morning. The last time I changed my own tire, I ended up cross-threading a lug (or two), and needless to say eventually 3 out of the 5 STUDS broke to where my wheel was just flopping
We were heading to town to visit Nic's mom and Nic asked me if my car normally pulled to the left. I couldn't remember which way it pulled normally. I have a computer thingy in my car that shows when my next oil change is, my fuel mileage, my individual tire pressures, and some other things. Based on that computer thingy I have had a tire that appears to have a slow leak, and it was staying about 28 to 3o PSI, while the others were 38 t0 40. I checked it and sure enough it was nearly flat showing 9 PSI and dropping.

Needless to say Nic was THRILLED! So it looks like I'll be getting new tires too! I actually was needing some anyways.


This weekend was another cool weekend at the lake, but as usual we made the most of it.

Here's  a few pictures of Bryce playing in the small floor space we have in our camper. We definitely need a bigger camper, and Nic seems to think we're going to get one, which would mean he's getting a new truck....but it's not going to happen! I think if we can make it through this summer and the next we'll be just fine with what we have.





I think this picture is hilarious! Check his tongue out!


Atleast the sun was out Saturday.


Another weekend ends and another week begins.

3 comments:

  1. Yay for your first Mother's Day! I'm so jealous you're getting a pedicure! What IS it about people scrubbing your feet and painting your toenails that is SO relaxing???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, i just got caught up on your life for the past month, phew! Thanks for posting so much and for letting us all get a glimpse of life in the Guthrie household. now i dont have to try to keep up over the phone or at holidays! =)

    i also love the next features, i am totally going to try that chicken & dumpling recipe! Dad always use to make ours and i dont rememeber there being nay vegetables in it, so now i feel like this one will be healthier! Plus who doesnt love chicken & dumplins! Its soul food.

    P.S. Bryce is perfect, give him kisses for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, sorry for all the typos. I am now even more impressed with how much you write on your blog

    ReplyDelete