I'm very particular about my chocolate chip cookies. I really don't like them to have very many chocolate chips. Yea, yea, who doesn't like chocolate chip cookies loaded up with chocolate chips...me! So I prefer to make my own so that I have control over the amount of chocolate chips. It's not that I don't like chocolate but I like it in moderation, with the exception of Dove Milk Chocolate.
As long as I can remember my mom had made these chocolate chips cookies from the Betty Crocker Cookbook. Unfortunately I don't have step by step photos, just a picture of the finished product...isn't that the most important anyway?
Here's the recipe as found on Betty Crocker's website:
3/4 cup granulate sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 egg
2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup coarsely chopped nuts
1 package (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips (about 2 cups)
Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
Mix sugars, butter and egg in large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff). Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.
I have found that the nuts are optional. If I have them I'll put them in, if not they just have chocolate chips. I will note that the raw dough it pretty tasty. Another variation that my mom does is add chopped up Heath bar into them, very tasty.

No comments:
Post a Comment