I'm slacking big time this week on the blog. I didn't have time for Monday Memory and I have a short and sweet Tasty Thursday that I'll post.
This week has gone by pretty fast. We've had to deal with severe weather, fortunately nothing that required us to run for a tornado shelter. However, early this morning a round of storms came through and from these storms I have a few friends that had some pretty good damage to their homes, from what is suspected to be a tornado. Thankfully no one was hurt.
This week's new food was acorn squash. Bryce loves it. I didn't realize how sweet acorn squash is naturally. Tomorrow we're going to start carrots. Right now we're still just doing solids at breakfast, but in the next couple of weeks we're going to add lunch and/or dinner.
I have always been interested in 'babywearing', especially since I have a somewhat of high needs baby. After purchasing two cheaper carriers, Bryce didn't really care for, I had just about given up on the whole idea. Well I have learned, once again, that you get what you pay for.
After doing a little research I purchased a Bali Breeze Wrap from Gypsy Mama. This wrap is recommended for the summer time because of it's light weight material. There are various different carries you can use this wrap for. It also includes a DVD with instructions on the different carries. Last night I popped in the DVD and tried out the Hip Carry and the Wrap Cross Carry. I've still got to work on the Hip Carry, but the Wrap Cross Carry looks like it's definitely going to work out, Bryce was happy, it was pretty comfortable on me, and Nic felt it was more secure than the hip carry. I'm still going to work on perfecting the Hip Carry as it is considered one of the coolest holds, and I think it would be ideal for the lake this summer.
Here's a picture of Bryce and I in the Wrap Cross Carry. Sorry about my shirt being pulled up a little, it's one of those kinks I'll have to work out.
I have also ordered a custom Half Buckle Tai from Two Mommas Designs. It is currently in progress, so I should be getting it very soon. I have read many great things and am looking forward to receiving it. I hope Bryce will like it as well.
I'm always looking for something to keep my brain working, preferably something challenging. I enjoy logic puzzles, video/computer games, reading, and crafts. To satiate my appetite for brain exercise and doing something creative I've decided to start knitting. I'm going to try to teach myself...we'll see how it goes. If I'm successful, this is something I can do while I'm pump in the evening, because who knows how much longer I'll be doing that.
Yesterday I went to Joann Fabric and bought a starter kit and instruction book, a few extra needles, and some yarn. My first project is an afghan blanket. I believe I have already mastered the casting on stitches and I have completed two rows of actual knitting.
Here's my work so far.
This evening I was going through Bryce's closet and found a bag of clothes that my sister gave to me. I found this cute OU hat and I couldn't resist putting it on Bryce. Nic insisted on flipping the bill up so it looks pretty silly, but I still caught a cute shot of Bryce with it on.
This weekend I think we're going to stay home and not go to the lake. We have Bryce's 6 months pictures at 10am on Saturday, then Bryce and I are going to a baby shower at 2:00pm that afternoon. Sunday we have another baby shower at 3:30pm. It's set to be a busy weekend, but I'm looking forward to introducing Bryce to some more of our friends.

No comments:
Post a Comment