Saturday, July 31, 2010

Our final Diaper Dolphins swim classes

This week was our final two Diaper Dolphins swim classes.

 Tuesday in swim class there were 3 submersions. For our first one the instructor counted to three then "swam" him underwater to me. The next two were after they "climb out" then they "jump" in and go under. Bryce, hopefully one day soon, will learn to close his mouth and hold his breath. He's pretty stubborn when it comes to doing things he doesn't want to do...I can't imagine where he gets that from.

Bubbles!

Kick, kick, kick

Row, row, row

All set to get wet, we all slide in...

Thursday was pretty much the same, except one of the submersions was when they slid off of the duck float.


Making eyes with the little girls.


Floating on our back...not his favorite thing to do.

Row, row, row


I'm still debating on enrolling him in the Flippers program. I'd like to keep him in the water through the winter to prevent any chance of him developing a fear of the water, but so far I'm undecided. It's a little hard to justify spending $55 a month for 1 day a week when Nic just found out he needs over $4500 in dental work! EEK! And that's with dental insurance! Double Eek!!!


Also we have decided we are going to start Bryce in a home daycare 2 days a week, so here's another expense.  Since we lost our Monday sitter, Nic's mom has been kind enough to come to our house and stay with Bryce on Mondays. We know she can't do this long term, so I started looking for alternatives. At the recommendation of a friend of mine, we were very fortunate to find a home daycare that will keep him for only 2 days a week. We really only need 1 day, but I felt it would be best to go ahead and do 2 days, for routine purposes and also to give my Mom another day off. We'll start this week...I hope it goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment