Our next stop was Grenada. Thankfully when we woke up the sun was shining! Yay!! This day was supposed to be a short day in port however for some reason they had to make a change to our ports. So instead of heading to Bonaire after Grenada we were going to Isla de Margarita, Venezuela. More on that later...
We had prearranged a tour with A&E Tours. We began by stopping by the Amba-Kaila Spice Factory where we learned about nutmeg, cocoa and a few other spices. I bought some cinnamon and vanilla here. I've almost used all of the vanilla and I'm going to be really sad when it's gone.
Here's the view from Amba-Kaila Spice Factory.
Here's the view from Amba-Kaila Spice Factory.
Nutmeg
Cocoa
Next we visited the Annadale Waterfall. It was pretty, but was just a little too touristy for my liking.
From the waterfall we visited Grand Etang Crater Lake where we enjoyed a local snack and shared some with the pirahnas in the lake.
We proceeded with our tour, taking in scenic views and stopping by a rum factory.
Then to our final stop...Grand Anse beach, where we got to relax with our toes in the sand.
That evening in continuing celebration of our anniversary I had arranged to have "The Ultimate Balcony Dinner" on the balcony of our stateroom.
We began with Canapes.
Then a crab puff aka quiche. Sorry I remebered to take a picture after I had taken a bite...or two.
Caprese Salad
Surf & Turf.
Four flavors of mousse with berries in a chocolate cup.
It was an awesome day with an awesome ending watching the moonlight over the ocean.
To be continued....

No comments:
New comments are not allowed.