Sunday, July 25, 2010

Odds & Ends

Just a few odds and ends to share.

Thursday I made a trip to Babies R Us to get diapers since they are the only store locally that carries the Swaddlers size 2-3. I've used diapers.com but once you use their 1.50 off e-coupon or whatever it is they won't let you use it again within a certain time. So I find I can save more money using the manufacturer coupons at BRU.

While there I browsed the baby food aisle since what Wal-Mart carries can be a tad limited...who doesn't have green beans or even pears??? Anyways I had read on another blog a rave about the Plum Organics food and this little spoon attachment. Sounded like something that would be ideal for when we're on the boat or just simply on the go. I didn't find the spoon attachment so I decided against trying them out at this time. What did catch my eye was their Training Meals. We haven't given Bryce any meats yet and what I've heard about the pureed meats is not good. So out of curiousity I grabbed a few: Pasta with Chicken & Vegetables, Vegetable Stew with Beef, and Harvest Vegetable with Turkey.

So that evening after swim class, I opened the pouch for the Pasta with Chicken & Vegetables. It definitely has more texture than a puree with little bits of pasta and chicken. Smelled just like a Progresso can of soup, but tasted...BLAND. Knowing Bryce was going to prefer the sweet peaches, I decided I was going to make sure he gave the Chicken & Pasta a fair change.

First bite...sour face but he swallowed it.

Second bite...another sour face but he still swallowed it.

A few bites later he decided he wasn't going to have anymore. He curled his tongue and tried to cough it out. Then another attempt to not to eat it was to hold his breath! He then figured out how to spit it back out. He thought he was pretty funny! I finally gave him some peaches then would sneak a bite of it in every few bites. I was defininitely entertained.


So for now I'm going to wait before I attempt to give him one of these "training meals" again, or just wait until he get a few more teeth and is ready for small pieces of chicken and stuff.

I did get him some Gerber Strawberry and Banana Puffs so he could practice with finger foods. ; ) Fara stays close hoping he'll drop one!


On another random  note, he's discovered the springy door stoppers and will spend several minutes playing with it. He will remember where they are and speed crawl to them.


A couple weeks ago I decided I was tired of carrying Bryce around in his infant carrier. Why carry around 25+lbs when I don't have to just yet? So after lots and lots and lots of research I decided on the Britax Roundabout convertible car seat. I really wanted to go with a larger seat that would last us longer but after trying out the The First Years True Fit seat in my car and finding it was quite large in my Nissan Pathfinder we decided to just wait to get a larger seat until we need it. 

 So far Bryce is enjoying the extra room in his new car seat and enjoying the view.


3 comments:

  1. I think trying new foods is more fun for us than it is for the boys. Our dogs have decided to be BFF with Liam since he drops his Gerber puffs, too. Good luck with the new foods & textures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your son is very cute! my little guy loves those springy door stops i have to watch him like a hawk though because he managed to pull the white stopper at the end off lol

    ReplyDelete