Saturday, July 31, 2010

As July comes to an end...

Here in northeastern Oklahoma we get to look forward to at least a week of 100+ degrees days. UGH!!! When it's this hot, it's too hot to even go to the lake because we'd have to stay in the water the entire time and with Bryce that's not feasible.

Not only is the heat keeping us home, but a couple of birthday parties are also keeping us home for this weekend and the next. I don't mind one bit!

So with the end of July comes my little brother's birthday. This year it was a pretty special one...his 16th! Lucky for us, we also got to see him this week, along with my Dad and Step-Mom. They live out in western Oklahoma and right now with Bryce it's not ideal to make the long road trip so we haven't seen them since New Years. We were very excited to get to see them. They were in town for my little brother to play in a Junior PGA championship tournament. Fortunately I was able to take Friday off and go and watch him play.

I wasn't able to make it at his tee time, but I made it when he was on the 4th hole and he got a birdie! Unfortunately I wasn't a very good goodluck charm for the rest of the day. He had a really bad day the day before that put him way behind, and I think kept him a little frustrated for the rest of the tournatment. Needless to say he didn't do so well in the tournament, but I was still very glad to get to watch him play.




This was not a great drive however it's an interesting shot where I caught the grass that was kicked up and his tee.


He didn't place in the tournament but he did get Player of the Year in his age group for the South Central Section. Congratulations! We're so proud of you!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment