Monday, July 12, 2010

Monday Memory: 5 Year Wedding Anniversary Cruise (Part 2)

From St Thomas we sailed to St Kitts. As seen in our pictures from St Thomas the weather wasn't exactly cooperating, and it was worse in St Kitts.


We had a tour prearranged with a gentlemen that had been recommended on the travel forums. A week prior to our cruise I confirmed our plans with him, however he still failed to show up. So we found a taxi driver to take us on a tour of the island, albiet we were a little cautious at first.

Fortunately for us our taxi driver was a super kind individual even giving me his jacket as a shield from the rain at one point. He had not seen it rain likein over 20 years! Go figure, just our luck!

He took us by the Petroglyphs


We drove by old sugar mills



One of my favorite stops was the Romney Manor Caribelle Batik Factory.



Here we were shown how they dyed the fabrics to create the batiks. One thing I regret not doing is buying something here, and taking a few extra pictures. The stuff they had was absolutely beautiful.

Next we briefly visited the Brimstone Hill Fortress, located at the top of a mountain.



We drove by a black sand beach...


...and lava rocks.



We had intentions of visiting the southern penisuala, however the rain was just too much so we decided to head back to the pier and get some shopping in before our ship departed.


I really enjoyed St Kitts, I just wished the weather had been a little more inviting. That afternoon we set sail for Grenada.

This evening was formal night, so Nic and I dressed in our best and enjoying a wonderful evening with each other and our new friends.


To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment