Tuesday, July 20, 2010

8 months and counting...way too fast!

Yesterday Bryce officially became 8 months old. After his bath I remembered to weigh him with the Wii balance board and he weighed 18 lbs 2 oz. Since he weighed 17 lbs 14 oz last month, I figured he'd be closer to 20 lbs by now, especially with how our little piglet eats. I have no idea what his height is.


At 8 months Bryce has 2 bottom teeth. He's crawling like a mad man and pulling up on anything and everything he can grab. I have noticed with his pulling up he's now relying more on the strength of his legs rather than using his arms to pull him up, the hands are used more to keep him upright. He's understanding "No" pretty well, at least he'll pause. He'll also come to me when I call him.




He still not sleeping good at all, and I'm still slowly weaning. I haven't been able to make myself go down to 2 pumpings, I know that will probably be the beginning of the end.  I have great intentions to start trying to do it this weekend...we'll see how it goes.


Last Thursday was submersion day at swim class. Fortunately I was not the one to have to do it, the instructor did it. Bryce didn't cry but he did choke on a little bit of water, but other than that he did great. Nic was responsible for taking pictures and needless to say we had maybe one picture that turned out, the rest are way too blurry. It's too bad I can't be in both places, at least give me time to figure out which setting is best for my camera.
Over the weekend we went to the lake and it was HOT HOT HOT!! Saturday we had some friends come down and we participated in the Wagoner Elks Lodge Poker Run. Unfortunately we didn't win, but it was still fun.
Today we returned to swim class and I finally found a setting that works alright for the pictures, not the best but better than what we've been getting. Today we had a substitute instructor, she did things a little differently but I think I liked her better and I think Bryce liked her better too...maybe he just thought she looked funny with her swimcap on. Today the parents got to do the submerging. Bryce definitely was not happy afterwards, but he did well.

Here's some pictures from today's swim class. Unfortunately I seem to have a goofy look on my face in every picture.  

Post submersion

Rowing to the toy...Bryce's favorite part.


Trying to teach him how to climb out.

Jumping in!

Singing songs and blowing bubbles.
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment