Bryce has figured out all the places his new crawling ability can take him...the kitchen, the bathroom, laundry room, underneath the living room side table, and to the dog's water bowl and food.
Poor Fara! This new baby comes in and takes all her Mommy's attention, then chases her (to the best of his ability), steals her toys, and now he's trying to steal her food. Hopefully we won't forget to put her food and water back on the floor before we leave the house.
Another thing Bryce has created a habit of doing is crawling while holding/biting his sippy cup in his mouth. It's pretty funny, not to mention a bit talented.
Poor Fara! This new baby comes in and takes all her Mommy's attention, then chases her (to the best of his ability), steals her toys, and now he's trying to steal her food. Hopefully we won't forget to put her food and water back on the floor before we leave the house.
Another thing Bryce has created a habit of doing is crawling while holding/biting his sippy cup in his mouth. It's pretty funny, not to mention a bit talented.
He's also taken to being a little dare devil by trying to dive off the couch, and has began letting go when he's standing...of course he plomps down on his bottom within a few seconds. Sorry no pictures or videos of these attempts!
His second tooth started to break through today. You can feel a couple sharp points. Now he'll have two teeth to leave marks on my fingers when he bites. Little meany!
Our nighttimes have improved a little...but not much. I've decided that instead of nursing him at night, I'm going to give him a bottle of milk and hopefully this will help him sleep a little longer. It's helped knock out that 3am waking, so for the past couple of nights we've gone down to just 1 bottle between 1-2am and a nursing at 5:00. He's still waking up frequently though.
Last night I did try getting him to sleep in a little different way, from what I've read it's something similar to the Ferber method. Since he's began pulling up, it's no problem for him to stand up in his crib....then stand there and just cry. Last night he was not ready to go to sleep after his bath and his bottle. So I put him in his crib, let him crawl around for a bit then waited (out of sight) a few minutes until he got upset. Of course he'd be standing or sitting at this point so I would just lay him back down, rub his back, and pat his bottom and walk away. I'd wait another 5 minutes or so, and same thing would happen. I'd lay him back down. After doing this about 4 times total he finally fell asleep. Who knows if this will work tonight again...he's so unpredictable.
He didn't feel really well today so we had to skip out on swim class.
His second tooth started to break through today. You can feel a couple sharp points. Now he'll have two teeth to leave marks on my fingers when he bites. Little meany!
Don't mind the matching bruises on each side of his forehead...the major downside to all this new mobility and bravery. Sometimes when he's sleepy he'll face plant into the floor because he'll be moving his legs, but forget to move his hands. It's kind of funny until he gets upset. Otherwise he sometimes tumbles over when pulling up on things. I try to catch him but sometimes I'm not quite fast enough.
Our nighttimes have improved a little...but not much. I've decided that instead of nursing him at night, I'm going to give him a bottle of milk and hopefully this will help him sleep a little longer. It's helped knock out that 3am waking, so for the past couple of nights we've gone down to just 1 bottle between 1-2am and a nursing at 5:00. He's still waking up frequently though.
Last night I did try getting him to sleep in a little different way, from what I've read it's something similar to the Ferber method. Since he's began pulling up, it's no problem for him to stand up in his crib....then stand there and just cry. Last night he was not ready to go to sleep after his bath and his bottle. So I put him in his crib, let him crawl around for a bit then waited (out of sight) a few minutes until he got upset. Of course he'd be standing or sitting at this point so I would just lay him back down, rub his back, and pat his bottom and walk away. I'd wait another 5 minutes or so, and same thing would happen. I'd lay him back down. After doing this about 4 times total he finally fell asleep. Who knows if this will work tonight again...he's so unpredictable.
He didn't feel really well today so we had to skip out on swim class.

No comments:
Post a Comment