This week we began our Diaper Dolphins swim classes at Miller Swim School. Our classes are Tuesdays and Thursdays for the month of July. The first day there were about 7 or 8 babies ranging in 6 months to probably 2 yrs. Bryce started kicking his legs as soon as he saw the water. One girl started screaming and I was worried she was going to upset Bryce. Otherwise Bryce did really well.
Daddy and Amanda came to take pictures, so here's a few. They didn't turn out real great since they were taken through the glass in the observation room.
Just getting in the water.
Blowing bubbles. Bryce opened his mouth, apparently the bubble wand looked like a spoon to him.
Next we got little water buckets and sang "This is how we wash our____ (feet, legs, belly, arms, shoulder, head) in the swimming pool".
Here we got a starfish toy that we throw, then I tucked Bryce under my arm like a football and row/paddle his arms until he could grab it. Of course Bryce thought it was a chew toy.
Next I put Bryce over my shoulder, threw the toy back and he kicked until he could reach it again.
Here we worked on floating, I laid his head on my shoulder and dipped down until his ears are wet. As you can tell, he's not crazy about this part.
After singing "The Wheels on the Bus" and a couple other songs we were finished.
We went to our second class on Thursday. Unfortunately Daddy had to work late and Amanda was out of town so we didn't get any pictures from this class. Our second class only had 5 kids, so I don't know if the extras in the first class were just making up a class or what. So far we're enjoying it. Now when it comes to the 4th class and we are supposed to dunk our children under water...I may change my mind.






No comments:
Post a Comment