No I haven't forgotten my blogger password or anything. ; )
The power cord for my laptop is done and no longer works...of course my battery is dead too. I have ordered a new power cord, so I'm waiting patiently for it to come in. I could use my desktop computer but I usually do my blog picture uploading after Bryce is down for the night and my desktop computer is currently in the same room in which he sleeps.
So for today's episode in the exciting life of Bryce it's going to be nothing but words.
It's been quite a busy week since my last post. My mom is in Florida this week, so I had to spend Thursday evening over there last week so she could show/remind me how to process her book orders. This also meant I had to find a back-up sitter(s). More about this later.
Friday night we headed to the lake. Nothing new there. Saturday, Nic's brother Brian, his two kids, and Nic's Dad came up. We spent the day on the boat enjoying the warm day that stayed pretty comfortable with the steady wind! That evening we all enjoyed a yummy dinner at Pizza Port. Even if it took 45 minutes to get Abby a grilled cheese, it was worth it just to devour their garlic cheese sticks.
Nic and I decided that Bryce and I would head home after dinner Saturday night, since EVERYONE would get a much better night's sleep that way. So Bryce and I did go home. To be honest it was REALLY nice to wake up in my king size bed on Sunday morning, rather than the queen in the travel trailer that has only about 1 foot of walking space around it...needless to say it's pretty cramped. We really need...actually more like want a bigger RV. Maybe upgrade to a fifth wheel, but that would mean Nic would need to upgrade his truck and none of this is happening until we buy a new home, whether that's a year from now or four! Priorities, priorities.
Sunday I tried to catch up on some housework that has been severely neglected, of course I didn't get much done. When Nic made it home from the lake he and Bryce napped. Then when they, actually more like when Bryce woke up, we headed over to Mom's so we could process her book orders, just a small price to pay for our free Tuesday through Friday childcare. We had intentions of going out to dinner, using a gift card we got at Christmas, but the books took longer than I expected so our original dinner plans got scrapped and we settled for good ol' Mickey D's!
When my mom first told me about their Florida plans, I confidently thought No problem! Nic's aunt could help. Nic's cousin who's a school teacher could be available, and my friend Amy who is also a school teacher could be available. Lot's of backup plans....WRONG! All of them were going to Colorado for vacation that week...go figure! Monday would be no problem. So we reached a little further and found backups for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Lindsey, one of our friend's nieces would keep him Tuesday and Thursday. Then on Wednesday our sister-in-law Wendi would keep him. As for Friday I decided I would take off, just to get a break from work and spend the day with my baby boy, at least feel like a stay at home Mom for one day.
Then last week my Monday sitter informed me that she would be working again on Mondays and was starting this Monday. I was a little sad, because I love the feeling of relief I get when I leave Bryce there knowing that he is in wonderful hands. I also know how much he enjoys those two little girls. However, I completely understand and respect her decision. She's got to do what's best for her family.
Then I realized what week this Monday was the start of and I became slightly panicked. Thankfully Lindsey was able to watch him on Monday as well, so problem solved. Fortunately the rest of the Mondays should not be a problem...at least for the rest of the summer. We should be okay during the winter months though since Nic won't be working as much and his Mom won't be working as much.
It's been quite a busy week since my last post. My mom is in Florida this week, so I had to spend Thursday evening over there last week so she could show/remind me how to process her book orders. This also meant I had to find a back-up sitter(s). More about this later.
Friday night we headed to the lake. Nothing new there. Saturday, Nic's brother Brian, his two kids, and Nic's Dad came up. We spent the day on the boat enjoying the warm day that stayed pretty comfortable with the steady wind! That evening we all enjoyed a yummy dinner at Pizza Port. Even if it took 45 minutes to get Abby a grilled cheese, it was worth it just to devour their garlic cheese sticks.
Nic and I decided that Bryce and I would head home after dinner Saturday night, since EVERYONE would get a much better night's sleep that way. So Bryce and I did go home. To be honest it was REALLY nice to wake up in my king size bed on Sunday morning, rather than the queen in the travel trailer that has only about 1 foot of walking space around it...needless to say it's pretty cramped. We really need...actually more like want a bigger RV. Maybe upgrade to a fifth wheel, but that would mean Nic would need to upgrade his truck and none of this is happening until we buy a new home, whether that's a year from now or four! Priorities, priorities.
Sunday I tried to catch up on some housework that has been severely neglected, of course I didn't get much done. When Nic made it home from the lake he and Bryce napped. Then when they, actually more like when Bryce woke up, we headed over to Mom's so we could process her book orders, just a small price to pay for our free Tuesday through Friday childcare. We had intentions of going out to dinner, using a gift card we got at Christmas, but the books took longer than I expected so our original dinner plans got scrapped and we settled for good ol' Mickey D's!
When my mom first told me about their Florida plans, I confidently thought No problem! Nic's aunt could help. Nic's cousin who's a school teacher could be available, and my friend Amy who is also a school teacher could be available. Lot's of backup plans....WRONG! All of them were going to Colorado for vacation that week...go figure! Monday would be no problem. So we reached a little further and found backups for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Lindsey, one of our friend's nieces would keep him Tuesday and Thursday. Then on Wednesday our sister-in-law Wendi would keep him. As for Friday I decided I would take off, just to get a break from work and spend the day with my baby boy, at least feel like a stay at home Mom for one day.
Then last week my Monday sitter informed me that she would be working again on Mondays and was starting this Monday. I was a little sad, because I love the feeling of relief I get when I leave Bryce there knowing that he is in wonderful hands. I also know how much he enjoys those two little girls. However, I completely understand and respect her decision. She's got to do what's best for her family.
Then I realized what week this Monday was the start of and I became slightly panicked. Thankfully Lindsey was able to watch him on Monday as well, so problem solved. Fortunately the rest of the Mondays should not be a problem...at least for the rest of the summer. We should be okay during the winter months though since Nic won't be working as much and his Mom won't be working as much.
Okay, I think have tortured you enough with just words so I'll update on the new things Bryce is doing in my next post...hopefully with pictures.

No comments:
Post a Comment