Monday, June 07, 2010

It's too early to be this hot!

It was a warm weekend at the lake, at least warm for the first of June. Therefore Nic and I scheduled our boat time accordingly; going out early when it's cool, then coming back for naps when it's hottest, then going back in the evening when it cools off.

Of course we didn't get started as early as we had hoped. We had to plan around Bryce's morning nap that is usually between 8 and 10. If I could get him to sleep past 6am, or at least go back to sleep after he has his bottle at 6, we could probably eliminate this nap.


We loaded up on the boat around 10:30am.



Naturally Bryce showed great interest in my fishing pole. Also notice my book: The No-Cry Sleep Solution ; )



Here's the fish we'll give Bryce credit for catching, since his hands were on the pole when the fish took the lure. It's about his size too!



Fishing was not real good, we didn't catch any that were big enough to keep, however I will make note that I caught 6 fish and Nic only caught 3. We're quite competitive if you didn't know.

We're still having a battle with the life jacket. I did order one from Bass Pro that of course wasn't delivered until Saturday, so we'll cross our fingers that he'll tolerate this one.




Back in the RV, Bryce made good use of Sophie as a teething toy. There's still no tooth yet, but it's close. We can feel one hard bump where it's ready to break through.
.



Sunday morning we had to come home early to head to our friends, Joey and Trisha, son's birthday party. The party took place at Bounce U. Eventhough Bryce couldn't partake in the activities he still enjoyed watching all the action.



As for Bryce's nigthtime sleeping, Friday night was the same as Thursday, Saturday was much better, and last night wasn't as good as Saturday night but wasn't near as bad as the others.

As I pointed out in one of the above pictures, my mother gave me The No-Cry Sleep Solution book. I'm not a fan at all of the Cry It Out Method. I don't want bedtime to be a time of anxiety or upset. I want Bryce to go to sleep happy, have sweet dreams, and wake up happy. I know it works for some, and it could work for us, but I don't want to try it. I'm going to try my other options first.

Yesterday was my first day to log his naptimes, prebedtime routine and nightwakings. As for his naps he's taking too many naps (more like cat naps), but is getting the average amount of sleep during naptime. Then last night for the the nightwakings we had 4 total, with his longest stretch of sleep being 3 1/2 hours, and only getting a total of 8 hours and 46 minutes of sleep. This is 1-2 hours less than the average. I'm only on Chapter 4 so we'll see what we do with this information and hopefully learn how to help this baby boy sleep much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment