Saturday, June 19, 2010

The fruits of our labor!

Last Friday morning I spied a couple tomatoes that were almost ripe.


Unfortunately when I went to pick them, they weren't any good! I don't know if all the rain we have had recently caused this or not.

Eitherway I did finally get my first edible tomato a couple days later.

This tomato was enjoyed on the tacos we had for dinner one night this week.

In addition to my ripening tomatoes, I have picked several of my onions. This year my yellow onions are the biggest that they have ever been. For illustrative purposes I placed a quarter next to them to show the size.

The yellow onion probably could have stayed in the ground a little longer, but I was curious about it's size...so I dug it up! There are plenty more, and I'm sure there's bound to be another onion that is bigger.


I have picked one zucchini. For some reason my squash and zucchini have not done well. Hopefully I'll get plenty for a couple pans of fried squash.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say I'm jealous of your son's milestones, Gage hasn't quite made all of those yet...but his time will come.

    I left you an award on my blog. enjoy!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete