This week has been a rough week. At night I don't think I've slept more than 2 hours straight since Sunday night. Bryce has been waking frequently, and has become very difficult to get back into his bed after he wakes.
Last night we were awake to see every hour on the clock. I don't know who was crying more Bryce or myself. Nic was trying really hard to help me out, and I'm sure I was not the nicest person to him last night, but Bryce would not let Nic hold him or anything. He just wanted his Mommy.
I'm really thinking...and somewhat hoping...that we might finally have a tooth (or two) break through as he seems to be exhibiting some of the common symptoms. Wednesday night he was running about a 100 degree fever, and his nose was a little runny. Then yesterday no fever or runny nose, but he was pretty cranky. However this morning everything, aside from a sleepless night, was back to normal...but no tooth. or teeth.
So for the rest of the week...
Monday evening we decided to eat dinner as a family at the dinner table. For the longest time Nic and I have been eating dinner in the living room while watching TV. I know it's a terrible habit to establish, so what better time to change that habit than have Bryce join us in his high chair. Unfortunately I didn't catch a picture of him in it for the first time, but I did catch the second time he was in it for breakfast on Tuesday morning.
Another bad habit I have established is leaving Bryce's clean laundry folded on the couch rather than hang it or put it in his dresser. This week I decided to change that habit and actually use that dresser we bought and all those baby hangers we have. So Tuesday evening I folded and put Bryce's clothes on hangers...with a little 'help' from Fara.
Since Nic worked his shift Tuesday, it was just Bryce and me to get ready on Wednesday morning. Bryce spent his time in the walker while I was getting ready. As usual Bryce made his way into our closet and found the clean socks basket. Needless to say he started pulling what socks he could reach out of the basket.
Then I turn around and found this sitting on my bathroom counter.
It scared the crap out of me! I'm not a frog person AT ALL! When I was little I was in my Grandma's garden and my aunt had just finished tilling it. I picked up what I thought was a rock and it was a tilled up frog! Apparently that did me in and for years my parents would have to carry me from the car to the house because I was afraid of stepping on frogs.
I thought about leaving it until Nic got home. I quickly remembered that we might not be able to find it when we got home and I would hate to find it in my bed or be woken up by a ribbit in the middle of the night. So I scooped it up in a box and set it free outside.
Then to finish, just a couple of cute pictures of Bryce from last night. Nic was kind enough to cook dinner for me so I'd have more time to relax and play with Bryce before we had to give him a bath and put him to bed
...little did we know when we put Bryce to bed last night what kind of night it was going to be. I'm hoping for some much needed sleep his weekend.


I keep SWEARING that Gage is teething too, but it always seems to pass w/ no tooth. However, in the last few days he has been gnawing on anything in site and is biting on his finger so much it's swollen. I guess we'll see....I'm sure I'm wrong again and that he won't get his 1st tooth for months....rats! Hope you get some sleep soon!
ReplyDelete