Tuesday, March 30, 2010

We survived!

Yes, we survived Sesame Street Live! Actually it wasn't really that bad compared to other events I have attended at the BOK Center. Kell really enjoyed it and Bryce was even entertained for a while...at least until he got sleepy. On the way home we were singing "Can you tell me how to get, how to get to Sesame Street?" So Kell kept telling us he wanted to go to Sesame Street!

Here's my non-make-up-wearing self with the two kiddos. As you can see both kids have their eyes on the stage.

Kell enjoying the show.



Melissa and Kell. Once again Kell is too much into the show to be smiling for the camera.


Audience participation...the first step was to close your eyes and imagine.


Some pictures of all of the favorite Sesame Street characters and some new ones!


Here we imagined we were in Mexico.



Here we imagined we were sailing the high seas.


Here's I think we were supposed to camping in the jungle.

Surfing on the beach.



Mardi Gras!
So that was all the excitement for Saturday. On Sunday Bryce got to take his first trip to the lake, however it was so windy and cold that we pretty much stayed in the truck the whole time.


At first we were just going to take the boat and park it until this weekend, but as we were about to leave our friends Bryan and Frankie called and said they were almost there. So Bryan helped Nic get the boat unloaded in the water and it was quite nerve-wrecking. Bryan backed the trailer on the ramp, which I was thankful for because the water is up 3-4 feet and I would have had no idea where the ramp was. Nic started the boat and backs off the trailer. Since the boat is a little cold natured it died as soon as he put it in forward. This cycle repeats a couple times until the strong north wind almost blows Nic into the trees and the boat finally warms up enough for him to drive forward. Once she got going the boat ran great and now is snug as a bug in the boat slip!


We'll be going back down to the lake this Saturday and we will move our travel trailer onto our lot. After we go back to Broken Arrow for Kell's birthday party we'll go back and are going to spend the night down there, we'll see how it goes as Bryce hasn't stayed the night anywhere elses besides our home. I still haven't decided the sleeping arrangement yet. Hopefully we'll also get to take Bryce on his first boat ride.

After we got back from the lake Sunday Nic and Bryce were sitting on the couch and I took some cute pictures I want to share. I also was able to get him giggling on video.



Yesterday after Bryce and I got home, he was asleep in his car seat (he was even snoring). I noticed that he had managed to get his rattle around his foot. I guess he's trying to set a new fashion trend. I thought it was cute, so I get my camera out...sure enough he wakes up and starts squirming. But I managed to snap a shot anyway.




So after he woke up I decided to load him up in the stroller and take him outside while I pulled weeds in my flower beds. As long as I was pushing him around in the stroller he was happy but if he sat for any length of time he was not happy. Needless to say I didn't get many weeds pulled, but I did get a sweet picture of my sweet baby boy.





No comments:

Post a Comment