So following an ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS day on Friday with temperatures in the 70s, it SNOWED Saturday, the first day of spring, and not just a dusting...6 inches worth! People that are not from Oklahoma really don't understand when we mention the crazy Oklahoma weather, it truly is crazy! We are sooooo ready for summer when it's a constant weather forcast...HOT. Oh and Bryce is ready too!
Bryce continues to spend the most of most nights in his crib (if that makes any sense), but he's still not sleeping solid enough for us to move his crib back into his room. He'll usually sleep until 3:30 or 4:30 before he wants to nurse, but lately he's been waking up at midnight and I have a little difficulty getting him back down in his crib, but within 30 to 45 minutes I finally do. My goal is to have his crib moved back into his room by 6 months, but hopefully sooner.
So this past Friday Bryce officially became 4 months old! I still can't believe it! We're just a week shy of the date (March 29th) that we found out Bryce would be coming into our lives. We knew then our lives would change, but we didn't know how much we could love this little boy. Parenthood is truly amazing!
Today was his 4 month check up and shots : (. On Friday I weighed him using Baby stats on the Wii Fit Plus and according to it he weighed 14 lbs 5 oz...gosh, I just remembered I still need to get a shot of his Mii! Anyway, today at the doctor's office he weighed 14 lbs 4 oz (which is the 36th percentile), so the Wii fit is about an ounce off...not much really. The doctor recorded his length as 25.5 inches (71st percentile), but it's actually closer to 25 inches, because after they marked where his head is, he moved down from the mark. In addition to him getting his shots, which he DID not like, they also slightly clipped the skin underneath his tongue, the frenula. Surprisingly he did better with that than the shots. He was most upset about being held down while they did it. The Doctor noticed that there was divot forming in his tongue and since he takes his milk via bottle, rather than from the breast its not likely continue to stretch like it needs to be.
Surprisingly I haven't been real good about keeping up with all of his milestones, it's all just going by so fast, so I'm going to go ahead and list what milestones he has achieved to date.
Lifts head while lying on tummy
Responds to sound
Stares at faces
Follows moving objects
Vocalizes
Smiles, Laughs
Lifts head and shoulders when lying on tummy
Can bear weight on legs
Coos, squeals, and gurgles
Blows bubbles
Recognizes voices (especially mine)
Rolls over from tummy to back
Brings hands together
Bats at toys
Grasps toys
Sits momentarily without support
Mouths objects
Responds to sound
Stares at faces
Follows moving objects
Vocalizes
Smiles, Laughs
Lifts head and shoulders when lying on tummy
Can bear weight on legs
Coos, squeals, and gurgles
Blows bubbles
Recognizes voices (especially mine)
Rolls over from tummy to back
Brings hands together
Bats at toys
Grasps toys
Sits momentarily without support
Mouths objects
We're still working on rolling from back to tummy. Now when you cradle Bryce and he's not sleepy, he'll lift his shoulders and head in an attempt pull himself up into a sitting position, kind of like he's doing a sit-up. Also I am pretty sure he's capable of sitting without support because he will do it as long as he's got ahold of one of my fingers, but when I'm not touching him he lunges forward like he's trying to get to me. Then when I lay him on his belly he tries to get up on all fours, so I think he's ready to be mobile.
Speaking of mobility, he's almost tall enough to touch with both feet in the walker. Last night while I was cooking dinner, we had him in his walker and he was leaned over and could touch with his right foot and sure enough he was barely scooting himself forward. Here's a couple videos I took, he's barely moving but the cutest part of each video is his huge grins! There's two, I couldn't decide which one I liked better. Sorry for the background noise I was frying hamburger and the vent was on.
The funny for the day...
Yesterday Bryce was at Ashley's as he usually is on Mondays. I got a notification on my phone that Ashley posted something on my Facebook wall, so I checked it and found: "So, as I was changing Cambrey's clothes, I look over to see Bryce sucking a pink pacifier with rhinestones. Oh, Delaney! = )" Oh my gosh, I laughed and laughed. Ashley took a picture, so I'm going to see if she'll send it to me and I can share!
Here are some more pictures. Yesterday I was going to try to take a picture of Bryce for his 4 month old spot in his baby book, and as soon as I sat him down he threw a fit. I thought I would take a picture since I don't ever take any pictures of him when he's upset. According to mom that is when he looks like me.

Laura, that pic of you and Bryce is adorable! he is so precious already.
ReplyDeleteP.S. i love the pic of his Mii!!