Here's the evidence...that one day could be used as blackmail. To top it off he's also laying on a PINK boppy! I know Nic will be so proud! Oh well, I guess that's what happens when you spend the day with two girls.
The past two days/nights have been a little rough after Bryce getting his immunizations and the frenula thingy clipped.
The first evening after his shots, he ran a little bit of a fever. He was so lethargic and just wanted to snuggle. The frenula bled a little more where at one point when I took his paci out of his mouth he had blood (and slobber) smeared around his mouth to where it looked like he had on clown make-up. Thankfully Nic helped me out tremendously that evening by cooking dinner and washing bottles, he's so great!
Yesterday Bryce still wasn't 100%. He wouldn't eat much and Mom had to push him around in the stroller (in the house! LOL!) to keep him content. I guess she could have just held him but I'm sure her back wouldn't have appreciated that later. Fortunately when I picked him up from Mom's after work he seemed to be feeling much better. So I decided we could go to dinner with Amanda. He did great at dinner aside from throwing his rattle out of his car seat, which essentially landed on the floor and got put up until it could be washed. After dinner we went to one her co-workers homes for a threading party where he did fantastic! Shots...what shots?
A threading party is where these wonderful Persian ladies use thread to remove the 'fuzz' off your face. They also shape/pluck your eyebrows too. This group does it once of month rotating between different homes and it cost $20. Most of the ladies bring a 'numbing agent', such as wine. I've gone several times but since I've been pregnant or breastfeeding everytime, I've had to endure the pain without any numbing agents> Since Bryce will most likely be with me for the future threading parties, I will have to continue to do without any numbing agents. It's really not that bad, but occasionally there will be a pretty good OUCH.
Last night after we got home, Amanda graciously washed the bottles for me. Unfortunately I couldn't get Bryce to go down as easily, so it was around 9pm before I was able to get him in his crib...an hour after his normal bed time. I think that might have set the tone for the rest of the night. When he woke up at 11pm, I couldn't get him to get back in his crib until nearly 3am. He can get away with it now...but he can't use his shots as an excuse forever!


Wow, i love threading, i didnt know there were threading parties though. what a great idea!
ReplyDelete