Thursday, March 11, 2010

We continue to try to get Bryce to sleep in his crib. After the the first attempt, I waited a couple nights to try it again. After talking with Nic, we decided it would be easier on all of us if we just moved his crib into the office/sitting room in our bedroom. We had to do a little rearranging and of course a little cleaning, but the crib is now (temporarily, I hope) in our room...sort of. 

After over a week, it continues to be an on going struggle to get him to sleep in his crib as good, or even anywhere near as good as he slept in the bassinet. I have no problem getting him down after his bedtime bottle, but if he wakes up at anytime after that I CANNOT get him to go back down in his crib. This morning I was brainstorming and I think he might be getting cold. In the bassinet he was always so hot, but the crib is more open and has more air flow. So I'm going to try a heavier blanket for him, plus when he wakes up to nurse, I'm going to place a heating pad on his mattress to keep it warm, then when I go to lay him back down I'll remove the heating pad and lay him down in the warm spot...hopefully this will help him fall back to sleep easily.

Melissa also found her copy of Good Night, Sleep Tight: The Sleep Lady's Gentle Guide to Helping Your Child Go to Sleep, Stay Asleep, and Wake Up Happy. Fortunately we have no problem with Bryce waking up happy, as soon as he sees us in the morning we are always treated to a big grin. So I have read it today during my pumping sessions and have found some really good tips that I hope will be helpful. We'll see how it all goes.

He's also started finding his thumb and sucking on it. I like that this is a way he can soothe himself, but then again if he likes it too much I'm afraid we'll never get him to stop. I caught this sweet picture of him napping (in his crib) and barely sucking on his thumb. It's sweet now...but won't be so much later.




One of our friends got Bryce a onesie that is just like his Daddy's fire department work shirts. It's short sleeve, so since the weather was so nice this past Saturday I put it on him. So when I laid him down for his nap I took a picture so I could get the back.



I also took a picture of the front when he was awake. Don't mind the drool spots!





With warmer weather and sunshine we are anxious as ever to go to the lake and take out our newly purchased used pontoon boat. While Nic has been busy waxing it and outfitting it with life jackets, a new radio, a fish/depth finder, and some other necessities. I have been busy making sure Bryce will be safe and comfortable on the boat. I have purchased him a couple different infant life jackets. The first one I bought seemed more secure but we tried it on him and it is extremely bulky and seems very uncomfortable, however I liked that it had fabric that goes between his legs instead of just a strap. Here's a picture of him in it before he got upset.






So we bought another one that looks like your typical life jacket, but not near as bulky.






We'll see when the time comes which one works best, but I'm guessing it will be the latter of the two since he'll be hopefully crawling this summer and will be able to be more mobile in it.

I have also purchased him a couple wide brimmed hats and some sunglasses. When I get them in I will post pictures of Bryce modeling them. ; )

Bryce continues to try to roll from his back to his tummy. He'll get it soon enough.

Here's a couple more random cute pictures. The first couple were taken a while back, I have just now been able to get a copy from Melissa. Kell and Bryce are going to be great buddies.



These were taken this past weekend, after we went to visit one of Bryce's two girlfriends that will be born this year.



No comments:

Post a Comment