So two weeks ago we went for our anatomy scan ultrasound and are pretty certain we know
what we’re having.
I know gender reveal parties are the big thing these days, but I felt a little silly doing a huge event with our second child considering we didn’t do it with our first. However, I still wanted to use some baked goods to share the news. Since the only cake balls I’ve ever made were made with red velvet cake and everyone LOVES them, I didn’t want to venture far from guaranteed success. So I tracked down an easy recipe for a blue velvet cake (involving a box cake mix, SCORE!) and made one blue cake and one pink cake. Bryce sat right beside me as I was rolling the cake balls prior to placing them in the freezer and he probably ate 1 out of every 3 or 4 I made. He doesn’t care if they are decorated or not! Since I wanted to share the news with the girls at work on Friday, I went ahead and finished/decorated about a dozen of each color so that I could share the news with our parents, siblings, and closest friends on Thursday evening and then decorated the correct color of cake balls for work the next day. So below are a few of the finished products.
I know gender reveal parties are the big thing these days, but I felt a little silly doing a huge event with our second child considering we didn’t do it with our first. However, I still wanted to use some baked goods to share the news. Since the only cake balls I’ve ever made were made with red velvet cake and everyone LOVES them, I didn’t want to venture far from guaranteed success. So I tracked down an easy recipe for a blue velvet cake (involving a box cake mix, SCORE!) and made one blue cake and one pink cake. Bryce sat right beside me as I was rolling the cake balls prior to placing them in the freezer and he probably ate 1 out of every 3 or 4 I made. He doesn’t care if they are decorated or not! Since I wanted to share the news with the girls at work on Friday, I went ahead and finished/decorated about a dozen of each color so that I could share the news with our parents, siblings, and closest friends on Thursday evening and then decorated the correct color of cake balls for work the next day. So below are a few of the finished products.
So is Bryce
going to get a baby brother or baby sister???
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
\/
According to the ultrasound tech…it’s a GIRL!
And the shots below are pretty convincing!
Of course
considering girls are often mistaken, I went ahead and posted the ultrasound on
the Ultrasounds board on baby center to see if the tech there agreed and she
stated she could definitely see girl parts, and a couple others agreed it was a girl! I sure hope they're right!
So initially
we were all in a little disbelief! Nic made it no secret that he wanted another
boy. Bryce begged for a baby brother, and even the weekend after told me how he REALLY wanted a baby brother. Bryce has since accepted it and is just as excited as he was before...Nic not so much! I think he's scared of having a little girl...especially in the teenage years!
Besides finding out the gender, there are a few other stats worth noting...
Baby’s
estimated weight was 10 oz, and was measuring 19 weeks 2 days. Heartbeat was abouts
152 bpm. All in all baby looked healthy.






No comments:
Post a Comment