Since we
returned from Cozumel…which now feels like AGES ago… it has been a whirlwind.
My brother, Dad, and step-mother came in town for a golf tournament, then Bryce
had a Class Program (which I will elaborate on below), then we snuck down to
the lake, came back for a birthday party the next day, and then there was
Mother’s Day. Then we spent the weekend in Western Oklahoma for my brother’s
high school graduation and then came Memorial Day weekend!!?! Thankfully June
hasn’t been too crazy, but we still have managed to keep ourselves busy even though
we haven’t been back to the lake since Memorial Day weekend. Geez, I feel I’ll
never catch up! However since the primary purpose of this blog is to serve as a
journal for me, I feel I need to just pick up where I left off…and try not to
leave anything too memorable out.
So about that Class Program…that occurred on
May 6th.
Bryce started the “school” year off in
the 3 & 4 year old program, though he wasn't quite 3 years old yet; so one Monday evening we
were treated to a “End of the Year” program. Occasionally I had heard Bryce
singing songs that I did not teach him, as the only songs he seems to learn
from me are Party Rock Anthem and Sexy and I Know It! Then I’ve also heard him
say the Pledge of Allegiance, so I had no doubt that he was learning and would
participate.
So before
the program I had set out some clothes for him to where… he apparently didn’t
like the jeans I had picked out, but fortunately did wear the shirt I chose.
Then he insisted that I “spike” his hair up. So he was quite dashing when we
left the house, but when is he not?!
Nic was on
duty, but was able to have another guy come in and work for him a few hours so
he could attend since the school is out of his fire district; so he met us
there. I left Bryce with the rest of the class and we took our seats. Bryce led
his class in onto the stage where, ironically, there was a sign stating “No
children allowed on the stage”! LOL!
They started the program off by saying the
Pledge of Allegiance. Then they began with the red song and proceeded to sing a
couple of other color songs. At some point in the middle of this Bryce stopped
to wave at me and said “Hi Mommy!”.
In addition to the color songs they sang a
fire truck song, for which I saw a helmet on Bryce’s head one moment and then
the next it was gone! At the time I wasn’t exactly sure where it went and why
he wasn’t wearing it any longer, but I just thought they were short some hats.
So they went on to prepare to sing “We’re going on a lion hunt”. This song
evidently involved props such as hats and backpacks. I heard a girl say “I want
the backpack!”, then the teacher replies, “No, Bryce gets the backpack because
he doesn’t want to mess up his hair!” OMG! I can’t even believe this is my
child! He sounds more like my sister’s child! LOL! Evidently this is also what
happened to the fire helmet in the previous song!
After they
did their final song, which they requested audience participation for, there
was a small reception where cookies and punch were served. Before Nic left to
go back to the station, I snapped this shot of Bryce and Nic…which probably has
to be one of my all-time favorites.
Overall, I’m
impressed with everything he has learned in daycare this year. It has
definitely turned out to be more of a preschool than a daycare. He can count to
14 or 15. He can count some in Spanish. Of course he can recognize all of his
colors and can recognize his numbers. He knows his ABC’s, though he slurs
K through P. He can almost spell his name B-R-B-C-E. I think he asks “Why?” so
much that he can’t make the connection that it is also a letter.
Just some other fun facts to be recorded at
this point in time:
- His favorite color is red. Fire Trucks are red, OU Sooner colors are close to red,
- His best friends are Mommy, Daddy, and Gavin. He likes to use this as a bargaining chip when he wants something.
- He LOVES the water! He never wants to take a bath, but once I get him in there I can’t get him out.
- His favorite song right now is Party Rock Anthem, thought Sexy and I Know It, Dirty Road Anthem, and Boys ‘Round Here are not far behind. I think I need to look into some Kids Bop CD’s.
- His favorite cartoon is Team Umizoomi.
- His favorite food is macaroni and cheese.
As if it's not obvious, but I did distort the kids faces on the close-ups to protect the innocent. ; )

No comments:
Post a Comment