Friday, October 12, 2012

Retirement

I am officially retired from being a Matron of Honor. Heck, I'm probably retired from ever being a bridesmaid again. After being in 6 or 7 weddings, and being a Matron of Honor twice, I think I deserve it!

 
I love my friends, and I am happy they all felt I was worthy of being a bridesmaid. For each one I have definitely done everything I could to make their special day, and the events preceding their day, as perfect as possible.
 
I have to admit I am a little bit of a control freak, and I have no problem taking care of things myself or finding a way to get them done quickly so I'm sure that's a trait that caused me to be a desirable bridesmaid. As my Mom said it "Laura just doesn't do things halfway". It's true, I usually go above and beyond what I have to do with ANYTHING!

So last weekend I was able to witness my very best friend get married to one of the best guys I know! They are perfect for each other in every way and I'm excited to see what the future brings for this couple. Congratulations you two, I hope you guys had a fabulous time in Cabo...and you better be ready for St Thomas here in a few weeks! 


Bryce was excited about dancing at the wedding and of course he was excited to have some cake. From what I heard from other guests he did show off some of his moves before he went home with my parents, but I'm not sure if he got any cake or not. 

 
After almost 10 years I have no regrets getting married just the two of us in Eureka Springs; the only thing I would change would be to do it on the beach instead...of course money was much tighter back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment