Friday, September 28, 2012

Fearless at the fair

After the fiasco we had last year finding a parking spot at the Tulsa State Fair, I decided that we would go this year during the workday and hopefully avoid the massive crowds that we encountered. 
 
So the fair began last night.  We were given the opportunity to purchase discount tickets through my work again this year and I decided a few weeks ago that I would take off today and take Bryce to the fair.

We were there right as the gates opened. We had no problem finding a parking spot and, apparently, avoided the crowds. 

We started off at the petting zoo since I anticipated that it would be busier the later in the day it got. I think this was Bryce's favorite part! He recognized most animals and learned a few new ones.


This one had a baby in its pouch! You can barely see it in the picture.

Silly goat!

Not exactly sure what this is, I believe it is some variety of a deer. 

 Little baby piggies!

From the petting zoo, since the rides hadn't yet started for the day we venture through one of the exhibitor buildings. They had a butterfly sanctuary and we were able to see many varieties of butterflies. 


Finally after exploring the exhibits, it was time for the rides to begin! Bryce was very excited about getting on the rides and Daddy was kind enough to volunteer to ride with him.





Mommy was finally volunteered to take Daddy's place as Bryce's ride partner.

 

At least we were all able to take a ride on the ferris wheel together! 

It was a smaller ferris wheel but we were still able to have a great view of the entire fairground. 

I was a little disappointed to find that Bryce was still a little too short for most of the rides, even with riding with an adult. For most rides the height minimum was 36 inches and Bryce was about 35 inches! Just barely too short! Hopefully he'll grown at least an inch over the next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment