Sunday, July 01, 2012

Cause, baby you're a fiiiiirework!

Come on, let your colors burst! 

Okay, so it's not quite Independence Day but since Nic is on duty the 4th AND next Saturday, we did what little celebration we could this weekend....but wait! Did I really not post a SINGLE post in JUNE?!?!  I have lots of catching up to do before we watch fireworks...

June flew by extremely fast...obviously.

First Nic and I started the month at Broken Bow partaking in what is now becoming an annual adult weekend trip!

This year we stayed in Broken Boot Lodge. 

 

Three out of the five guys!

Four out of five gals!

Roasting hotdogs...an easy dinner!
  


Gosh, I sure love a good campfire!

The interesting little "beach" we found.
 

My love and I!
 
My sis and brother-in-law.


So after three nights without out the kiddo, we rushed home Sunday morning so we could take little man to the circus!



 A painting elephant! I'm not sure I could do better!

 
 
  One of my favorite parts. The tigers were pretty feisty...

Can you say OUCH?!

 Probably Bryce's favorite part!
  

I think the look on his face sums it all up pretty well!
 

Overall I believe it was a pretty great show! I did miss the fact that there weren't technically three rings, instead there was a ring in the center and side shows on each side.  It just isn't the same as the circus shows I attended when I was a kid, when they truly performed under the a big top (tent)! At least I hope the animals endure much better treatment these days!

Then the next day, my final semester of school began and these 6 hours of classes have consumed nearly every bit of my free time. Of course we are making it to the lake most weekends, and you can bet that I have my tablet in one hand and a textbook in the other. I have 4 more weeks and I'm finished!!!!!!

So finally to this past weekend...

Since the Fourth of July is midweek it has kind of split up the celebration between two weekends. Since Nic is working next Saturday this weekend was our only opportunity to catch a viewing of some fireworks. Unfortunately for us, most of the shows are next Saturday but we were lucky to have heard about a bid on that happened last night. 

So right before sunset a few of us headed out on our boats to find the perfect spot for viewing. 



And perfect it was!

The show was AMAZING, especially watching it over the water.

Probably one of my favorite pictures of all time, me and my little guy watching the show.

I think I've caught everyone up on the happenings of the Guthrie family... I hope every has a safe Independence Day holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment