Friday, September 03, 2010

Wow where did August go?!

The end of summer is fast approaching, which I have mixed feelings about. I love, love, love summer, but with baby boy this summer at the lake has been extremely exhausting. I knew at the beginning of the summer this year would be the hardest and each subsequent year will get better and better. So as summer does approach the end I will begin to dread the winter and look forward to next summer...just wishing our life away.

A lot has happened over the past week. Bryce had his first full on vomiting episode Thurday morning, soaking me from my shoulders to my toes. Nic said the look on my face was priceless however he was pretty sure I was going to pass out so he grabbed Bryce out of my arms while I collected myself and changed clothes. I really can't handle vomit very well, I'm sure I'll get better. At that point I really should have jumped in the shower but I had a meeting at our regional office and I didn't have time. So plan B...baby wipes. Fortunately the vomiting spell was just a one time deal and he didn't do it again the rest of the day.

Saturday morning we went to the lake, where my Mom, Todd and Audrey joined us. We headed over by Western Hills to watch the Parrothead Golf Tournament for a little bit...atleast one hole of it. This wasn't your ordinary golf game, it was more like an obstacle course. The hole that we were near had a bucket on the edge of the water and the players had to hit the ball off of the course and try to get it in the bucket. No one made it while we were there.

We even managed to squeeze a little fishing in.

 After a little while we headed back to our little "pontoon island" and relaxed in the water.
Of course during the course of the day while we were out on the boat Bryce's nose starts running. Now this runny nosy has turned into full on yuck! Apparently we now have our second cold!

I apologize for the horrible picture of me here, but this was the beginning of our runny nose.
 

Since Bryce wasn't feeling well and had the yuckiest snotty nose I have ever seen...not really, but it was pretty gross, I thought I would be best if I stay home with him and not take him to daycare. It was obvious this child thought he needed to be held constantly and a daycare with 5 other kids, that's just not feasible...plus I'd had to spread this yucky cold to the other kids.

Here's my pitiful boy on our sick day.


We finally moved Bryce's bathtub to the bathroom instead of the kitchen sink, with goals of eliminatin the smaller tub altogether. However he does not like to be in the big tub, and really wasn't like his little tub in it. Bath time was starting to get a little stressful. So last week I decided to upgrade his mini bathtub and got the inflatable duck bathtub. He likes it alright, he'll stay in it long enough for me to wash him down, but when it's time to rinse he's ready to get out. I don't think it's necessarily that he doesn't like the bathtub, I think he just wants me in there with him...more of a seperation thing.



Funny story about the 'ball' in his hand in the above picture. My mini schnauzer Fara thinks that those are her toys, so last night was getting Bryce's bath ready and she grabbed the ball and started running circles around Bryce with it. She would stop and drop it, then Bryce would go after it. She of course would pick it up just before he got it, and run away. He'd chase her again and the cycle repeated over and over. It was so cute to watch them play like that.

Here's some final pictures that were promised on my previous post. Bryce tries to climb up everything. Here he is trying to climb over his piano. I will note that the piano is probably his favorite toy.


His obession with his feet has never stopped, he loves to have them in the air, or have his toes on his bottle.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment