Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Hello 2010...

So it's a new year and with the new year comes New Year's resolutions...actually I don't do the whole New Year's resolution stuff. But with the new year came my return to work and Bryce's 6 week check-up.


New Year's Eve for us was very low key. During the day we went over to Nic's brother's house and watched the OU-Stanford bowl game with friends. YAY OU won! That evening I cooked dinner...I think...I can't really remember...either way I know we didn't eat out. We had some friends that live in our neighborhood come over and visit, and we played Wii bowling. I know VERY exciting. I only got to play one game because my motherly duties were called by my baby boy. We were getting up early the next morning to head out west to visit my dad, so we didn't stay up for the countdown to midnight. Unfortunately Bryce decided he was going to wake up every 10-15 minutes so I was awake to hear the nearby fireworks and gunshots when it did strike midnight.


Every year I try to get a picture of Nic and I on New Years Eve, of course this year we added Bryce to it. I was able to find some of them, so here they are from oldest to the present starting in 1999.




1999 to 2000
As we moved into a new millinea, we spent our first New Years together Nic's brother's (Brian) house with him, Wendi, Jesse and his ex-wife Amy.

2000 to 2001
One of my all-time favorite pictures of us. I didn't realize until later that we were color cordinated. This year we had a big party at our place with many in attendance.


2001 going into 2002
This year us and Jesse and Amy (the current wife) booked hotel rooms at the Embassy Suites hotel in Tulsa. It's a pretty memorable New Year's for many reasons, the best being that Amy and I took pictures with a couple Tulsa police officers and security guards, we asked them to wear New Year's hats with us and they did!


2002 going into 2003
This is the New Years Eve before we were married. It was spent at Brian and Wendi's house in Broken Arrow with Brian, Wendi, Jesse, Amy, RD, Jodi, Chris S and Dana . We sang Karaoke and played board games. At this time we werein the process of buying our first home and were 'homeless', so we were staying at Nic's grandparents' house while they were being winter Texans.


2004 to 2005
This year we had a party at our house with many in attendance as usual.


2006 to 2007
This year I had pictures from New Year's Eve but didn't have one of Nic and I together, so here's a picture of Nic with Jesse, and a picture of me with Amy. We spent this New Year's at Jesse and Amy's, along with Ally (who was just 5 months at the time) and Max. The thing I remember from this New Year's Eve was that Nic had to work New Years Day. He was able to have someone work a couple hours for him, but it was still an early night.


2007 to 2008
This year was spent at Joey and Trisha's house in Haskell, along with Brian S and Mindy. We played a board game and twister!


2008 to 2009
Was spent at Kristi and Bryan's house. I don't have any pictures from this year but I think someone does, so I'm saving this spot in case I can track them down!

2009 to 2010
The present. After being together for 10 years and being married for almost 7 we added a little person in the mix. Hopefully there will be many more New Year's spent together. Sorry I look a little ragged in this years picture. During my maternity leave I have enjoyed not putting makeup on.





New Year's day we made the 3 hour drive to Cordell to see Dad, Charlotte, Ashley and Brian. I wasn't looking forward to the drive with Bryce, but he did fairly well. He got fussy about 30 minutes before we arrived. He did the same thing on the return trip. It's funny how he can be like clockwork sometimes.

Here's a pic of Kell on the way, he's wanting the camera. As he says often "Kell, Kell do it!"


Here's a picture Kell took of Bryce and me. He's getting better at his photography skills.


At Dad's house, we had a delicious lunch with Grandma and Grandpa joining us. Kell played his heart out: boxing with Brian, playing the Wii, going outside and watching them shoot a few clay pigeons. Also I think he opened EVERY present, including the ones that were not his.



Here's Kell boxing with Brian using his new boxing gloves that Nic got him.

Here's Nic and Bryce. I think Bryce was just happy to be out of the car seat.

Here's Bryce and his Papa Randy. Dad was at the hospital when Bryce was born, but it was so late I don't think Dad got to hold him before he headed back home.


Bryce and his Great-Grandma Wenninger.

Bryce and his Nana Charlotte.



Sunday following New Years, we celebrated Christmas with Nic's mom's side of the family. Now Bryce has met almost all of his relatives.
Here's Papa Olin with all of his Grandkids.


Here's Bryce with his Great-Grandma Frisbie. I hope one day he will appreciate that he got to meet almost all of his Great-Grandparents.
So yesterday was my first day back at work. However before I went to work we took Bryce to see Dr Knippers for his 6 week appt where he got his immunizations for Rotavirus, Hep B, Tetnus, . He got a shot in each thigh and cried horribly, he even had real tears. I cried real tears too. He weighed 9 lbs 11 oz (24 percentile), and was 22 to 22 1/2 inches long (57 percentile). Everything looked good. He goes back next at 4 months. From there Bryce and Nic went on their way to spend the day together and I went to work, I'll admit I briefly cried when I kissed him goodbye. They both survived the day despite Bryce being REALLY cranky all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment