Monday, November 02, 2009

Doctor's visit, Halloween, and birthday...oh my!

Last Thursday (Oct 29th) was the first of my weekly doctor's visits. I was 36 weeks and 5 days on that visit. I was so lucky to get to have my Group Strep B test done (imagine sarcasm). I'm sure I'll get the results at this week's visit. I'd gained 3.2 lbs since last visit, so about 1 lb a week. My blood pressure was 120/79, a little higher than normal. The baby's heart rate according to the nurse was...150 BPM...surprise! The fundal height measurement was 35cm, so his growth is consistent.


They told me they had the H1N1 vaccine and offered it to me. Once again my nurse was against it, but my doctor thought it was a good idea. I had been comptemplating for a while about it, even after I thought I had decided against it, but I continued to research and reading the facts. I really liked the fact that some immunity would be passed to Bryce, because he wouldn't be able to get the vaccine until he was 6 months old. So Nic and I decided I should go ahead with it. The nurse said I was the first to take it. Look at me, someone who hates needles has voluntarily taken 2 shots...oh things we'll do for our children. I have no doubts and am very glad I went ahead and got the vaccine...and better yet I'm still walking and Bryce is still just as active as ever... however his movements are getting a little painful in my crowded torso.


This weekend was Halloween. This year we skipped out on hosting our own traditional Halloween party for obvious reasons. I did still get myself a 'costume'. My costume was simply a black skeleton t-shirt with a baby skeleton on the belly. I got a lot of complements on it, and I even think Nic liked it. Nic was on duty Halloween, so I went trick or treating with Audrey and Kell. Audrey was dressed as a little indian princess and Kell was a boxer.
 
Once we got Kell in his costume and he got the hang of it, he really enjoyed it. He would go up to the door and start knocking and yell "Knock, knock" then he'd say his rendition of "trick or treat" which was something like "tricky treat" (see pictures and video below). He would inspect each piece of candy he received and even try to eat it right then. Toward the end he started saying "more" after they would put candy in his bucket. We told him no, but it was still very cute.

Audrey the Indian Princess.

We walked a little slower than everyone else.

Audrey being really good about helping Kell.


Kell's chasing Audrey like he's a monster.


Kell wanted to ring the door bell, but wasn't quite tall enough.



The video


After a short rest after trick or treating, Melissa and I went to my friend Kristi's halloween party. Kristi is also pregnant (due April 2nd) and is definitely far braver than I was to host a Halloween party.

Melissa was dressed as Britney Spears if you couldn't tell.



Kristi and me, the pregnant gals.

Melanie, Kristi, me and Melissa
Sunday was my birthday. I didn't want to make a big event of it, so Nic and I just went to dinner with my friend Amanda and her boyfriend. As become the tradition we went to Shogun's. I've actually been craving it for a while, so I'm surprised I was able to hold off this long. It was everything I expected.




Today we had my little birthday party at the office. Below is the pretty cake Becky got me. 5 of the candles represent 5 years then the 4 that are closer together represent one year each to make the grand total of 29, yea they improvised a little. Overall I had a great birthday, but it definitely wasn't the date I'm looking forward to most in the month of November.


No comments:

Post a Comment