Sunday, November 15, 2009

Could it be my last prenatal Doctor's appt???

It's very likely that it was!


We went in on Friday for potentially our last prenatal Dr's appointment. Unfortunately we had no change in dilation, but the cervix is soft. I gained back the 1 1/2 lbs I had lost on my previous weigh-in, in fact I weighed exactly what I weighed 2 weeks prior. So my total weight gain is 20.4 lbs. He measured my uterus, but at this point I didn't care to ask what it was...the end is near. My blood pressure was back down (thankfully) to 128/79. Once again the nurse said Bryce's heart rate was 150 bpm. I'd wish Nic would have counted it, but he was too busy mouthing what he expected the nurse to say behind her back (and he was right).


The Doctor did go ahead and schedule to induce us on the 19th, 2 days before the due date. I know there are mixed feelings about inducing and I'm in the middle of the road on it. I'll try to focus on the advantages: it's corresponds with how I like to be in control of things and avoid uncertainty when I can. It somewhat guarantees that it will be my Doctor that delivers Bryce. We can see the light at the end of the tunnel, where we get to hold our baby boy in our arms.


We did ask if we could try to do it later (after the due date), but apparently with the Thanksgiving holiday they had no other openings. The Doctor did put us on a cancellation list in the event there is a later date that comes open before Thanksgiving. He also said the scheduling lady likes him, so she'd definitely let him know. In the reality of it, there is a small chance we won't be induced on the 19th if there is a cancellation and we choose to take it, and of course there's always a chance he comes on his own before then. It's pretty crazy to think this is probably the last weekend that Nic and I will be considered a couple, by next weekend we will be a family and be taking on the most important role of our lives as parents.
So other odds and ends...
I've been working on a Belly Book. The Belly Book is a journal of my pregnancy. It has places for weekly belly shots, as well as a spot for my favorite maternity outfit. So last weekend before I went to lunch with my cousins, Cristi and Angela, and my sister Melissa, I decided I would take a picture for this place in my book since I was wearing one of my favorite outfits. Being a blue jean girl naturally jeans would be part of that favorite outfit. They are Old Navy brand and super comfortable. There are also a couple shirts that I really like to wear with them. Below is that picture.

Last night we had dinner with our cruise group from a year ago. In fact a year ago on this date we were on the last day of a fantastic cruise : (. We all wanted to get a dinner in before I had the baby, because 3 out of the 4 couples that went on this cruise are pregnant. The other couple actually welcomed their first grandbaby at the end of August. So we made a point to get a picture of the 3 pregnant gals while we were pregnant together... barely.

Trisha on the left just found out a couple weeks ago that she was pregnant and right now her estimated due date is around July 8th. Kristi in the middle is due April 2nd. Then of course there's me on the right, wearing no makeup and looking a lot like my mom if I might add. I'll also note this is one of my other favorites shirts to wear with my favorite Old Navy maternity jeans, which were being worn but not pictured.

Nesting has definitely been in full effect this week, I'm trying to get as much laundry done as I can. I've also been sweeping and mopping the floors, vacuuming, cleaning the refigerator out, thinking about tackeling the pantry, and finishing odds and ends in the baby's room and around the house.

We did install the car seat base in my car Wednesday evening. I wasn't completely happy with it, so I tinkered with it some more on Friday. Still I wasn't happy with it, so Nic and I finally got it how it needed to be Saturday afternoon. So the car seat is ready and I've got my back packed and in the car too.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh i love your updates Laura! I'm so excited for you guys and for Bryce to make his debut in 2 days!

    Good luck, we'll be praying that God keeps you all safe.

    Lots of love,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete