So the weeks continue to go by fast even though we have been under a constant cover of clouds and rain. YUCK!!
Last weekend Nic went trout fishing in Arkansas. Previously he's gone to Calico Rock, but this time he when to Gaston's in Lakeview, AR. He said it was cheaper than Calico Rock (didn't have to have a guide), and promised he would take me some time...yea, I've heard that before!
So while he was away, I did some deep cleaning. He's never able to get the floor of his shower completely clean, so with some comet, a scrub brush, elbow grease and a little time, I was able to get it back to it's original white color. I also shampooed half of the carpet in our bedroom. I had noticed the last time I used it the rotating brushes weren't working. So this week since Nic was at home (because of the rain), I had him see if he could get them to work. He took it apart, cleaned it and put it back together...voila, it worked! Now I'm just waiting on the energy and motivation to get the other half of my bedroom carpet cleaned.
Saturday, September 12th I attended my aunt Terri's 50th birthday party. In addition to the guest of honor my mom, Audrey, Melissa, Kell, Grandpapy, Aunt Sarah Dawn, cousins Zoe, Seth, Cristi, Angela, Jake and John were there. It was so great to see them! Since we've grown up, getting together at holidays doesn't happen as often as it used to.
My dad called me Monday evening as I was leaving work and said he was in Miami and would be coming through Tulsa. So Nic, Melissa, Kell and I met up with him at Texas Roadhouse for dinner. It was great to see him! I would have loved to get to see Charlotte, Ashley and Brian too. Since I've been pregnant I haven't been much for road trips so we haven't made it down there to see them. I hope we can make it down there for Christmas, but I'm not sure yet how far we'll venture with the new baby.

No comments:
Post a Comment