Friday, September 18, 2009

Baby update...

I had a doctor's appointment today. Since last month's visit I’ve gained 2 lbs, so up to 15 lbs total now. After the nurse left the room Nic started telling me I wasn’t eating enough because I only ate 5 chicken fries last night and macaroni & cheese...after I had already eaten 2 or 3 chocolate chip pecan cookies and a glass of milk). I told him I do eat, I just can’t eat much all at once because there is no room! If my weight was an issue the doctor would tell me. He’s just being the protective dad already.
Bryce’s heart rate was 156 bpm, which is what the nurse says it is every time, I wonder if she even counts correctly. He kept kicking the device and you could hear it when he did, it was cute! Dr Loveless measured my uterus and said it was 28 cm. The doctor said that he’s probably not going to be a very big baby, which I'd be perfectly fine with. I've been worried since Nic was 9lb 9oz! Oh, I did get also my flu shot, let’s hope it doesn’t make me sick since I’ve never had one before. I asked about the H1N1 shot, which won't be available until October and they nurse said she's not planning on getting it because there hasn't been enough testing done with it. She wasn't sure if they'd even get it at their office. I had already pretty much decided against it because it was so new, and that just affirmed my decision.
Next appointment is 3 weeks instead of 4, we're in the home stretch!

No comments:

Post a Comment