Friday, August 07, 2009

So this week is flying by, as every week this summer has. Generally I'm sad to see summer ending, and I still will be, however, I'm very much looking forward to November when Bryce will make his debut. I'm sure as soon as summer is over and fall begins, my weeks will start to drag by.

So last Thursday my friend Amanda and I went to the ZZ Top and Aerosmith concert at the BOK Center. Before the concert we met up with a few of her coworkers and had dinner at McNellie's. I had excellent chicken tenders and yummy sweet potato fries. I was pleasantly surprised considering this place is generally recognized as a bar or pub (of course non-smoking.
Since the BOK center has opened I have gone to several concerts there and park in the same parking garage EVERY time. Apparently this concert was close to being sold out, because the parking garage where I always park was busy like I have never seen before and took forever to get into (and out of). After making a pit stop at the bathroom (of course...I'm pregnant), we made it to our seats during ZZ Top's first song. Our seats were directly to the right side of the stage.
 
ZZ Top played a few familiar songs, switching from gold and pink guitars to white fuzzy guitars (during Legs). They were very entertaining to watch with their long thick beards and sparkly sneakers. As hoarse as the lead singer's voice was when he spoke to the audience, I don't know how he managed any vocals to the songs, but he did. The songs they played that I can remember and recognized were: Gimme All Your Lovin', Sharp Dressed Man, La Grange, and Legs. I recognized more, but not sure of the titles. They played for about an hour.
 
About midway through ZZ Top's performance, we noticed several people to the right of us had cleared their seats. Here came BOK employees with sprinkle stuff and a broom and dust pan. Apparently a guy puked on the lady right in front of him. I'm so glad I didn't see that nor smell it! Needless to say that guy and whoever he was with didn't return and thelady that was puked on came back wearing a new Aerosmith t-shirt.
It took a little bit to set-up Aerosmith's stage, however because were to the side of the stage we could see the band behind the curtain before everyone else could and Steven Tyler was waving and acting goofy. You could tell he eats this stuff up. They began with Eat the Rich, a song I'm not terribly familiar with, then continued on. The songs that I can remember that were played are:
 
Eat the Rich
Fallin' in Love
Rag Doll
Dream On
Walkin' the Dog
Last Child
Cryin
Livin on the Edge
Sweet Emotion
Love in an Elevator
Train Kept a Rollin'

Joe Perry sang a couple solo songs, and I really wished he hadn't. He didn't sound very good and I feel Aerosmith left out a few really good songs that I would have much rather heard. I couldn't believe they didn't play Janie's Got a Gun, Don't Want to Miss A Thing, Crazy, Angel or Jaded. I almost felt cheated!
Overall I'm very glad I went, despite the inflated tickets prices, it was a show worth seeing. I did not take my camera since it stated NO CAMERAS on the tickets, however I should have as I saw many people taking pictures.
 
Next up...Keith Urban and Sugarland....TONIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment