Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Keith Urban and Sugarland ROCKED!

On Friday August 7th I went with Channing, my cousin Evan's wife, to our 3rd Keith Urban concert. This has to be one of the most difficult events for me to get tickets. Even with two different presale codes, I had no luck getting tickets. Needless to say I ended up with tickets in the upper section after getting them during the public sale. We have been spoiled our two previous concerts with awesome floor seats, so I was extremely disappointed. In reality the seats weren't that bad, we were in the 2nd row of the upper section directly to the right of the stage. The rows in that section do not leave much leg room.
I wasn't sure I was going to enjoy Sugarland since I really get annoyed watching them perform on the music award shows, however I'm surprised to admit I really enjoyed them. I also had never noticed how much Jennifer Nettles resembles Kirsten Dunst.

Sugarland performed many favorites including Settlin', All I Wanna Do, Something More, Baby Girl, Want To, Already Gone, Every Day America, and Who Says You Can't Go Home. She was quite entertaining and spoke a lot to the audience. During Everyday America, she mixed in Madonna's Holiday and Nelly's Hot In Here. Listening to her Texas twang sing Hot In Here was very interesting but entertaining. Also in Who Says You Can't Go Home, they were flashing images from around Tulsa including the Giant Driller, Brady Theather, and TU. There were a couple songs I was surprised they didn't perform including Sugarland and my favorite Stay.











The one we were all waiting for ...



Keith Urban started playing right around 9 pm. As usual he was awesome, performing about 20 songs over the course of 2 hours. As usual he had a second smaller stage set up toward the rear of the floor and I was suprised he walked through the crowd to get there. He also returned to the crowd later to play between sections 119 and 120. I thinks it's so awesome he is not afraid to get up close and personal with his fans. As usual he showed off his awesome guitar skills. Several members of his band also showed off their singing abilities, and WOW!! With the exception of one they are all awesome singers. He did bring Sugarland out to perform You're the Reason God made Oklahoma and eventhough they had to have a cheat sheet for the words, they did a good job. I did miss a couple songs he didn't play, especially Blue Jeans.


I did manage to keep track of the songs he played and the correct order:




Hit the Ground Running
Days Go By
Stupid Boy
Where the Black Top Ends
Better Half
Once In A Lifetime Love
Making Memories of Us
Only You Can Love Me This Way
Who Wouldn't Wanna Be Me
'Til Summer Comes Around
Sweet Thing
Raining On Sunday
You're The Reason God Made Oklahoma w/Sugarland
Kiss A Girl
I Told You So
You'll Think of Me
You Look Good In My Shirt
Somebody Like You
Tonight I Wanna Cry
Better Life













Next up Britney Spears on September 15th!!

No comments:

Post a Comment