Today was my monthly prenatal appointment. So far I have gained 13 lbs. With a one month gain of 5 lbs, this month was by far my most one-month weight gain so far. I had a feeling it would be too. My blood pressure was 108/70 and the baby's heartrate was 154 beats per minute. I finally remembered to ask what my belly measurement today and it ws 26 cm which is right on target since today I'm 26 weeks and 6 days.
On Wednesday I had my glucose tolerance test, and was happy to find out at today's appointment that I passed it with a 109! From what I've read anything under 140 passes. I was a little nervous about passing. I've read that some people were told to fast before and since I was hungry at 3am the morning before the test, there was no way I could do that and not pass out when they drew my blood. So on the way to my appointment I grabbed a Sonic sausage croissant for breakfast, however I did skip the orange juice.
On the blood draw they also check my iron levels, and I was slightly anemic, which the Doctor wasn't too concerned about. I assume it's because they had already told me to start taking an additional iron supplement.
Our next Doctor's appointment is in 4 weeks. Then after that appointment they will be more frequent.
On Monday I have scheduled an elective 3d/4D ultrasound. I'm very excited to see our little guy!

No comments:
Post a Comment