Monday, June 09, 2014

Catching up on Bryce

Since this did originally begin as a blog about Bryce, I thought I'd do a little catching on what's going on with this little guy.  In the blogosphere he seems to have been neglected but in real life, he's far from neglected.

He's adjusted from being an only child to being a sibling very well. He's patient and helpful when needed. He still absolutely adores his baby sister, though he gets a little mad if she's not looking at him when he wants her too. He still hasn't exhibited any signs of being jealous towards her. I think he understands that she requires just a little bit more attention at this point.

He's funny, smart, and sensitive. He loves to act silly and make silly faces for pictures. He's very sweet and unfortunately, his feelings easily get hurt. He's got an extraordinary memory...it almost frightens me. 










At the beginning of May, his daycare/preschool held a preschool graduation. They sang a few of the songs they learned over the course of the year, even doing one song with sign language. Then they dress them up in tiny caps & gowns and gave a brief bio and an award.

Bryce's bio was:

When he grows up he wants to be a fireman, just like Daddy. His heroes are his Daddy and Mommy; Mommy likes to shoot bad guys. His favorite thing to play is Ironman. He received the Leadership Award.

Needless to say the entire auditorium erupted into laughter, and I now have quite a reputation. Do note, however, that I have never once shot a bad guy (or anyone else for that matter) or even held a gun in Bryce's presence! LOL!

The leadership award was presented to him for always being a great leader and example to his friends, classmates, and those younger than himself.


Bryce has always been a favorite, and even one of the teachers nearly started crying when she announced his name.  


 After the program we were treated to punch and cookies and I found Bryce's hand prints on the wall. Somehow I've missed these all this time. I'm sure Blaire's will be on one of those walls one day.


Also, in May we wrapped up his first session of swim lessons. Once he was moved into the Level 1 Advanced class, he's seemed to excel. I don't know if he is just responding to this teacher better or if it helps that most of the time it's just him and one other kid there.





They closed out the school year session with another ribbon week, where he received two of the available ribbons in this level. We've enrolled him to start lessons again in August, but we'll have to see if which Pre-K session he's going to be in to see if we'll continue lessons on Friday afternoon or not.


This year we decided to put up one of those metal frame pools again, choosing one that was shallow enough for Bryce to touch. He's really putting what he learned in swim lessons to use, and I'm sure he'll quickly advance to the next level once they begin in the Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment