Happy Half Birthday to our Baby Girl...yesterday!! It’s so hard
to believe she’s 6 months old and half way to her first birthday! At
this point she’s weighing 17 lbs 9.6 oz . Her 6 month visit isn’t until Friday, so I won’t know her length until then.
At this point, she has one tooth that’s broken through and I’m sure the
second one won’t be too far behind. It sure has made her cranky and she
can drool like no other. The other night she was in the walker and
drool was dripping off of it!
Her back is getting stronger, and she’s really
close to being classified as an “unsupported” sitter. She can do it for a few seconds.
She’s still not a huge fan of tummy time, but in
the time that we do she’s able to get her booty up in the air. She also
can move around a little just by wiggling and inching her body. She
hasn’t figured out to coordinate her hands and
legs at the same time to get up on all fours. She’s also very close to
being able to roll from back to belly. In fact, I thought she was going to do it this morning! I think if we’re able to find the
right enticement for her, she just might be able to do it.
She’s found her feet! If she has socks on she will
pull at them until they come off and then will manage to get her toes in
her mouth.
She’s giggling more and more. Bryce seems to be the best at getting these giggles out of her. She really loves that boy!
She LOVES bath time still! She like to kick her feet around and make the water splash around.
I decided to give her first taste of solids on April 13th. She has been watching us we ate and started grabbing for our food…so I
started feeling guilty and decided she was most likely ready. As Bryce
did, her first solid food
was avocado. The funny thing about my pictures is that it looks like
she hated it, however I will note that the she simply started crying as
soon as she was sat in the highchair and hadn’t even had a taste at this
point. She actually tolerated the avocado
very well…the highchair not so much!
This first picture is before she even had a bite of food.
She actually calmed down when she had her first bite.
But definitely like it better out of her highchair.
She still struggled a little with
actually keeping the avocado in her mouth instead of pushing it out.
After the 3 days of avocado, I made her some apple sauce. Again she
tolerated the apple sauce. Next up we tried bananas,
and she seemed to like them okay also. She got her first
taste of zucchini…and I think it just might be her favorite so far. She
cleans the bowl every time and gets really excited for it, and even will
get a little upset if I take too long to get
her another bite. She's also had butternut squash and probably likes it just a well as the zucchini.
She definitely had a bit of a temper, as seen below where she's showing me exactly how much she dislikes her Bumbo!

No comments:
Post a Comment