Friday, May 02, 2014

Easter

I'll start this post with the Easter photos I had taken at the first of April. The kids did really great, but due to the forgetfulness of the photographer I didn't get the pictures back in time to make Easter cards. :( 
 




Easter, as with all holidays, we had several days of celebrating. Our first Easter celebration started with an Easter party at daycare on Thursday. Bryce doesn’t normally go to daycare on Thursdays, and since I hadn’t had a “fun” day off since I returned to work, I decided to take Thursday off to supplement the Good Friday holiday at work and treat myself to a 4 day weekend. Not to mention that Pre-K enrollment (EEK!!) began that same day at 5pm and since availability is first-come first-serve I thought it would be best to make sure we were one of the first ones there. The point is, that I took Bryce to his party at daycare since he really loves party days. In addition to the party, he was especially excited that I got to go with him. One thing I want to do as they both go through school, is to be able to participate and volunteer with school activities, whether it’s helping with parties or chaperoning on field trips, I want to be there.



After taking Blaire to my Mom’s we arrived right as the party was scheduled to begin.



I help “hide” a few eggs, which consisted of just throwing them out on the high school football field. There were a total of 300 eggs.


The kids were then lined up and headed to “hunt” the eggs.




After the egg hunt they returned to their class room, where there were bunny prints leading to more Easter treats.



They then went inside and set their baskets down before they went into the kitchen to enjoy a snack and dye an Easter egg.





Since there were kids of varying age, and as a result the younger kids didn’t find as many as the older kids they decided to divide the eggs to make sure each kid went home with 15 eggs. In anticipation of this, I had asked one of the teachers to make sure that whoever divides the eggs up leaves the Dinosaur egg in Bryce’s basket. He proudly showed that one to me and I knew he would notice if it was missing. Fortunately, since we left right after the festivities were done, they asked me to count out 15 eggs for Bryce’s basket. Of course he has closer to 20 in his basket so I removed eggs to ensure he went home with just 15, and made sure to leave the dinosaur egg in there. Sure enough as soon as we got in the car and he started going through his basket, that was the first one he looked for!



Friday we took Bryce to my sister’s salon to get his haircut. Then had lunch with her and her husband before we went to swim lessons. We dyed a few eggs, but decided we’d wait until Saturday afternoon to dye the rest of them at my Mom’s house.





Saturday morning, we got up and head to the lake to do a little fishing. This was Blaire’s first time to spend some time on the boat dock. She started out in her stroller, but when she got sleepy I put her in the Boba wrap where she was content for quite a while…and it gave my arms and back a little relief. We didn’t have any luck fishing, but we all definitely enjoyed spending some time outdoors before we headed to my Mom’s house. 

At Mom's we colored Easter Eggs. Which pretty much started with the kids coloring a few and then my sister and I finishing the rest.







After letting the eggs sit and dry for a little while, we hid them and then set the kids free to go hunting!


Easter morning, the kids found the bounty left by the Easter bunny. I think the Easter bunny forgets that everything should fit IN the Easter baskets.

I hope you can find Blaire below, she kind of blends in with everything else!


We headed down to Porum to spend Easter with Nic's Mom's side of the family, where Bryce got to participate in another Easter Egg Hunt.


No comments:

Post a Comment