Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Quarter Birthday


 Oh Blaire…our little chunky monkey! Or as Daddy first earned the nickname of “Tubs”, some are now calling you Tubs Jr.

Today my baby girl is 3 months old! 

Last night I weighed her in fear that I would forget to do it today…according to Baby Stats on Wii Fit Plus she now weighs 13 lbs 14 oz! We kissed 0-3 months clothes goodbye two weeks ago and she is fitting very nicely in 3-6 months, though if she grows much longer anytime soon she won’t be able to fit in the sleep n’ plays. We’re STILL in size 1 diapers, mostly because I’m trying to use up what I have left. As soon as they are gone, or if she starts having too many blowouts, I’ll move her into size 2. I think it helps that she carries most of her weight in her thighs and head…which could be why she still doesn’t have complete head control! LOL!
She has continued to sleep REALLY well, thank goodness! She normally sleeps from 8:30pm to 4:30am, give or take 30 minutes on each end. When she wakes up, she eats and goes back to sleep until around 7:30 or 8am, or earlier if we wake her up.
So what has Blaire been up to. 
She’s giving us some laughs here and there and can give some REALLY big smiles! 
She seems to have really good control of her head, though she can still be a little wobbly here and there…see note above ; ). 
She’ll tolerate a few minutes of tummy time, but sometimes just lays there in what looks likes defeat. 
She really, really loves her brother and his wild faces. He can always solicit big smiles out her.
She’ll follow us with her head and eyes across the room. 
 For the past week or two she’s started chewing on her hands and slobbering a little…maybe a precursor of teething and sleepless nights? 
She especially likes to chew on my shoulder and leave me a nice little slobber spot on my shirts. 
She’s started grabbing the rings on the toys hanging in front of her and holds on to them for a while.
So we're a quarter of the way to her first birthday...sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment