Wow wee! January was a hectic month!
I returned to work on the 6th, and I think now on February 2nd we now have a pretty good schedule down. Of course it’s the start of my busy time at work so my days fly by almost as fast as the evenings and weekends do. At work I have access to a lactation room, so it’s allowed me to continue “breastfeeding”. I’m still overproducing by A LOT! In fact, my weekly average is 85 ounces while Miss Blaire eats 30-35 a day! This weekend I reached the halfway point to my 6,000 oz freezer stash goal. If it keeps as it has been I should have no problem reaching that goal by the time Blaire is 6 months…then I can wean and have enough milk to get her to a year or very close to it.
Unfortunately, on January 13th Nic’s paternal grandmother passed away, leaving him with one living grandparent. :'( After a week where we spent most of our time with the family, we laid her to rest on January 17th. She was 83 years old and had Alzheimer’s for several years. I couldn’t help but be overcome by the amount of love and devotion Nic’s Grandpa has shown her through these past several years, even when this awful disease made her not act like herself. Most of their lives she took care of him, but gradually that transitioned to where he took care of her. Considering divorce has ran rampant in my family starting with my maternal grandparents, it’s nice to see a lifetime of love like that and it makes me want to make sure Nic and I achieve that level of lifetime love and devotion in our marriage. I’m so glad we were able to get the picture we did at Christmas, the last with the entire family!
Speaking of lifetime love…we made it one year closer to that goal on January 18th when Nic and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary! Given the recent events, all we managed to do was sneak away for a quiet dinner (sans kids) at Osaka.
Throw in a couple of birthday parties and we could pretty much kiss January 2014 goodbye...oh until Bryce came down with the flu...even after receiving the flu mist in November! So far no one else has gotten it in our household, and most importantly Blaire, though my Mom did end up with it after keeping him on the day he came down with it.
Speaking of Blaire...I think I'll save those photos and details for my next post which will be her 3 month post! Eeek!



No comments:
Post a Comment