I had every
intention of posting Blaire’s 4 month old update a few weeks ago, but time has
continued to elude me as it always does. I’m hoping one day I’ll have more time
to update this blog more than I do now. There’s so many things I want to keep
track of so that they’re not forgotten, and I feel with once a month updates
there’s so much I could still miss. So for this post I will limit pictures and
details that occurred up to March 5th.
Unfortunately
on Blaire’s actual 4 month “birthday” we were at the doctor for a sick visit,
which was our third within the prior 4 weeks! Of course when I tried to take
her “official” 4 month picture, she wasn’t quite up for the activity so here’s
the best shot I got.
Then I fondly recall that Bryce's 4 month picture was pretty similar to this one.
Pretty
much Blaire’s 4th month of life can be summed up as sick! BOO!
On Wednesday
February 12th, the daycare called me and said that Blaire was running a low
fever. She had been coughing a little up to that point so I was afraid she had
RSV or even the flu considering Bryce had that a couple weeks prior. So I took
her into the doctor and the doctor was so confident that she had RSV. They did
a pulse-ox on her, where her oxygen was 97% and then they ran the flu and RSV
tests which were both negative. So we chalked it up to being a cold and he sent
us home with an Rx for a steroid to keep the inflammation in her lungs
suppressed. On this visit with clothes on she weighed 14 lbs 7 oz!
We went
through the weekend and she started to show some signs of improvement but then
it seemed to get worse again. I took a picture of her in her cute little
Valentine’s Day Outfit, but you can tell my baby girl still wasn’t feeling
better.
The next week we kept her out of daycare. Her appetite still hadn’t
returned and she was coughing so bad that she was throwing up at least once or
twice a day. It was obvious she was losing weight, I could see it in her face!
So on Thursday, February 20th I call the doctor again and I took her back in.
She weighed 13 lbs 5 oz on this visit, which was more than a 1 lb loss from the
prior week. They tested her again for RSV and the Flu, but this time she was
positive for the Flu plus she had an ear infection! Since she was kept out of
daycare for more than 7 days at that point, we can’t figure out how she got the
flu unless Nic or myself carried it but never got it, since it had been 3 weeks
since Bryce had it. She was treated with Tamiflu, Amoxicillin, and eye
drops.
We went
almost two weeks without any doctor’s visits. YAY! By this point the coughing
was completely gone. She still would experience a little congestion here and
there, but she’s had that pretty much since she was born. Of course it couldn’t
last too long.
On Wednesday, March 5th daycare called me and said Blaire was running a fever. When they took it under her arm it was over 102 degrees, so I guess you add one to get to the actual…which meant it was over 103!! I panicked and called Nic since he was close by where he could get her. Then called the doctor who was closed for lunch. Then called daycare back to see if they would give her some Tylenol to try and bring it down. Then I was able to call the doctor back after they returned from lunch and get her in within the next 30 minutes.
Nic met me at the doctor’s office with her. On this visit, with clothes on, she weighed 15 lbs 1 oz; that was good she had gained back what she had lost and then some. Her temperature was still over 101. They tested her, yet again, for RSV and the flu. At this point I just knew she had RSV! But both were negative! He looked at her ears and determined that she still had an ear infection in the same ear…so more antibiotics we got. This time she was prescribed what the doctor called a baby z-pack. It was a once a day dose for 3 days. When we got home, we gave her the first dose…which she spit-up within 5 minutes.
All evening and throughout the night we kept her on Tylenol to try to keep the fever down. It seemed to stay over 100, and spiked again to over 103 in the middle of the night, but by morning she was back to her normal temperature. We gave her the second dose of antibiotic, which again she spit-up! At least she acted like she was feeling a little better, as long as we kept Tylenol in her every 4-6 hours. The next day I gave her, with her bottle, the third and final dose of antibiotics. This time she kept it down…but then when I picked her up from daycare she had broken out in a rash! We had a little bit of the antibiotic left that I would have liked to have given her since the first two doses didn’t work out so well, but at this point we were not going to do that.
On Wednesday, March 5th daycare called me and said Blaire was running a fever. When they took it under her arm it was over 102 degrees, so I guess you add one to get to the actual…which meant it was over 103!! I panicked and called Nic since he was close by where he could get her. Then called the doctor who was closed for lunch. Then called daycare back to see if they would give her some Tylenol to try and bring it down. Then I was able to call the doctor back after they returned from lunch and get her in within the next 30 minutes.
Nic met me at the doctor’s office with her. On this visit, with clothes on, she weighed 15 lbs 1 oz; that was good she had gained back what she had lost and then some. Her temperature was still over 101. They tested her, yet again, for RSV and the flu. At this point I just knew she had RSV! But both were negative! He looked at her ears and determined that she still had an ear infection in the same ear…so more antibiotics we got. This time she was prescribed what the doctor called a baby z-pack. It was a once a day dose for 3 days. When we got home, we gave her the first dose…which she spit-up within 5 minutes.
All evening and throughout the night we kept her on Tylenol to try to keep the fever down. It seemed to stay over 100, and spiked again to over 103 in the middle of the night, but by morning she was back to her normal temperature. We gave her the second dose of antibiotic, which again she spit-up! At least she acted like she was feeling a little better, as long as we kept Tylenol in her every 4-6 hours. The next day I gave her, with her bottle, the third and final dose of antibiotics. This time she kept it down…but then when I picked her up from daycare she had broken out in a rash! We had a little bit of the antibiotic left that I would have liked to have given her since the first two doses didn’t work out so well, but at this point we were not going to do that.
That was all
the happenings for the majority of her 4th month of life, for which she was sick most of the
time. She had been sick for about 25% of her life up until
that point…can’t you tell I’m a numbers person!
Thankfully I still managed to catch some good pictures of some new things she did during the month
Getting some love from brother! She's thrilled, can't you tell?
She's actually smiling during tummy time!
Slept in her bassinet for the last time!
Slept in the pack n' play for the first time in an effort to transition into her crib. She actually started out in the middle of the pack n' play lying perpendicular to how she ended up.
Started enjoying bath time!
Playing!
Got acquainted with her bumbo seat.
I did move her into size 2 diapers on the 1st of March, though it probably could have happened sooner but I was determined to use every last size 1 diaper we had, even if they looked like a skimpy bikini bottom on her.
Hopefully, I can post her 5 month update this weekend!
Thankfully I still managed to catch some good pictures of some new things she did during the month
Getting some love from brother! She's thrilled, can't you tell?
She's actually smiling during tummy time!
Slept in her bassinet for the last time!
Slept in the pack n' play for the first time in an effort to transition into her crib. She actually started out in the middle of the pack n' play lying perpendicular to how she ended up.
Started enjoying bath time!
Playing!
Got acquainted with her bumbo seat.
I did move her into size 2 diapers on the 1st of March, though it probably could have happened sooner but I was determined to use every last size 1 diaper we had, even if they looked like a skimpy bikini bottom on her.
Hopefully, I can post her 5 month update this weekend!


No comments:
Post a Comment