Blaire's first Christmas has come and gone; and as surreal as it sounds, it was Bryce's FIFTH Christmas! Like Bryce's first Christmas, we can sort of consider Blaire's first Christmas a White Christmas. Though we had to drive a few hours to get there, but when we did get to Wichita to celebrate with my Mom's side of the family there were several inches of snow on the ground.
Leading up to Christmas we did lots of wrapping of presents. This year Bryce was really big into helping with just about everything. Below is a picture of him trying to wrap one of Blaire's presents all by himself. Of course shortly thereafter he got bored and I had to finish the job.
This year with the addition of Blaire, I ordered us all new custom stockings. I know I could have just ordered a new stocking for Blaire, but since I'm just a little OCD, I had to make sure they all kind of matched. Besides, I shouldn't have to order any more since we're not planning on adding any more to our family.
Our Christmas festivities began the Sunday before Christmas with a trip down south with my Dad's side of the family. Our initial celebration was delayed a day due to an ice storm that hit. We made it safely down there and the kids enjoyed playing outside in the cold, cold temperatures!
Christmas Eve morning we made some cookies for Santa. Bryce was a really big helper...
Of course when it was time to decorate them he was already over the entire activity...so I handled that part.
Early, early Christmas morning Santa stopped by our house...
Bryce and his sleepyhead self evidently couldn't see the massive amount of toys Santa left, as he started crying and asking why Santa didn't come.
But he quickly wiped the sleep out of his eyes and saw many of the things he had on his list. Shortly thereafter, he exclaimed that "this is the best Christmas ever!" My heart melted!
Of course I planned out a cute outfit for Blaire to wear to our Christmas day activities.
Meeting and being adored by a Great-Grandma
Daddy and his favorite girl...even if she's in frilly clothes!
Of course that outfit didn't last, so our family picture didn't have her in a cute outfit. I did dress her back up in it at a later date so I could get a picture of she and Bryce together. See the bottom of this post.
And for our 4th consecutive day of Christmas celebrations we went to my Mom's house so the kids could open their present from her...she didn't want to haul everything to Wichita on Christmas day.
And for our Christmas outfit redo!
He sure loves his sissy!! <3 font="">
3>
3>




No comments:
Post a Comment