So today my baby girl is TWO months old!
Obviously, I couldn't choose just one picture to share!
At two months, she's still in size 1 diapers, though barely! She's also fitting comfortably in 0-3 months clothes but some are starting to get small, especially the outfits with pants. Her two month doctor's checkup was on New Year's Eve, at which she was exactly 8 weeks old. She weighed 11 lbs 10 oz (78%). Her head circumference was 15 3/4" (84%) and her height was...wait for it...24 inches!!! Unbelievably, a child of mine in the <97 4="" believe="" birth.="" br="" but="" couldn="" for="" grown="" had="" height="" i="" in="" inches="" it="" length="" m="" nbsp="" she="" since="" stay="" still="" sure="" t="" that="" way="" won="">97>
Blaire is smiling a TON! She's cooing at us and we're just waiting for her first awake giggles. She does a lot of chuckling in her dreams, but so far we just get squeaks for laughs. She holds her head up well and keeps it pretty steady, but absolutely HATES tummy time! If you want to ruin her good mood fast, just initiate tummy time!
She's
still sleeping really well. She typically wakes up around 3 or 4am
after going down around 9 or 9:30pm. It's very likely that when she
wakes up at 4am, I'll probably just get up for the day. I'm just going
to try to move our bedtime up so that I'm not completely sleep
depraved.
She's still getting 100% breast milk as I'm exclusively pumping. I have a MAJOR oversupply! In fact, being the spreadsheet enthusiast that I am I can tell you that my current weekly average production is 75 oz! AND since about week 3 I have been seeing an average increase of 5 oz nearly every week. I set a goal of only pumping until June 1st and at that point having enough frozen milk to get her on breast milk until her 1st birthday and I believe if my supply keeps like it has, that I will easily achieve this goal. Right now in the freezer I've got over 1,700 oz and my goal is 6,000. I'm nearly 1/3 of the way there and have been freezing between 40-50 ounces a day.
How did this happen so quickly?!? Not only is she growing up way too fast, but I'm supposed to be returning to work tomorrow! I say "supposed to" because we have had some snow and ice that have left the roads a mess. So if schools are closed tomorrow, then it's very likely daycare will be closed also. I've been preparing myself mentally all week about returning...so far no tears have been shed but I might break if I don't go back to work tomorrow as planned. Darn my Type A personality!
So to keep me distracted...I'll be posting our Christmas post shortly!



No comments:
Post a Comment